**Viggen Release Information (27th)**

Cobra847

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**Viggen Release Information (27th)**

People should take the energy that has been expended in this thread, learn to code, and apply to the new job posting. Better use of the back and forth, nit-picking, and drama fest.

(Check the other thread for the beta manual - Plenty to read and enjoy)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180252

Thanks LN team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Smee
  • Like 1

Hi Everyone!

We're all sort of silent because it's been super crunch time for the entire team.

Thank you for all of your enthused discussions and support however!

We have been working on a final release candidate for Friday. With that comes an important logistical note:

Friday's patch will be 1.5.6, which means that the initial Viggen release will be on the new 1.5.6 Open Beta branch, NOT on the current stable 1.5.5

While our lead platform has been 1.5.5, that version of DCS World will not be updated.

Stay tuned for more info before Friday!

Nick & LS

Not happy at all.... purchased it , but cant use it ... because I dont maintain 1.5.6 Open Beta branch and I have no intention of doing so.

Why the F should I have to. Im a customer not a bloody developer!

very disapointed ... back to paypal ... I guess to get a refund.

• Like 4

Not happy at all.... purchased it , but cant use it ... because I dont maintain 1.5.6 Open Beta branch and I have no intention of doing so.

Read the thread, realise you don't have to have a separate client, come back and apologise.

Edit - It'll also be on the Stable branch in a week or two, I would expect. So, what are you whining about?

Read the thread, realise you don't have to have a separate client, come back and apologise.

Edit - It'll also be on the Stable branch in a week or two, I would expect. So, what are you whining about?

its 39 pages I don't have all day.

I have the open beta it just updated to 1.5.5.6 says its up to date but still no Viggen is there another hoop I have to jump through.

I have the open beta it just updated to 1.5.5.6 says its up to date but still no Viggen is there another hoop I have to jump through.

From page 2:

In my opinion Skate's GUI updater is so much easier and simple. Plus it has a lot of features..

Here's the link: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Hi pii,

Sorry about your trouble getting the Viggen to work.

When you go to the Module Manager inside DCS World does it show Install, Buy or something else next to the Viggen?

1.5.5.6 (1.5.5.60565.216) is the latest stable version.

Open beta should be 1.5.6.1340.230.

Hard to say what's wrong with such limited information.

Edit: Have you tried forcing an update with the windows command prompt? Sometimes when i can't get DCS to update when i open the sim forcing it with command prompt finds the update....

1: To do that go to your Bin folder. For me that's "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin" . It's just DCS World rather than DCS World Open Beta for me because i converted my stable to beta rather than having 2 installs.

2: In the Bin folder hold Left Shift and press the right mouse button, in the menu that comes up choose 'Open Command Window Here".

3. In the command window type "DCS_updater.exe update" and press enter, it will search for updates and hopefully find them...

No promises but it usually fixes my updates problems... If you have Open Beta installed it should be able to see it when doing that.

Edited by Meiz

You can quickly switch between Open Beta and stable version. Just right click on DCS shortcut on your desktop and add this:

qwwvlQ7.jpg

If you want to get back to stable, release version just change @openbeta to @release and you're all set.

Why would you want refund? Of course they want to test first Viggen first by catching and fixing all major bugs, before initial release to wider audience. Dev mentioned also some functions which are available in Viggen, work only in 1.5.6 so it all makes sense.

If you are also so disappointed just wait week, Viggen will be available then in release version.

Edited by RastahMan

If you bought it from HeatBlur.com, the code was sent from noreply@sendowl.com almost instantly after completing your purchase.

We've had a lot of people see it in their spam folder, although some email providers do delete spam after a certain timeframe.

If you can't find it, PM me your Order number, email address and zip code and I'll see if I can't get it resolved for you.

Nothing in the spam folder either. PM sent.

How (s)low can you go

Then why did you buy an early access product?

Probably since the ED webshop said 1.5 Stable?

On the Store page 1.5 Stable = Caucasus.

Compared to 2.0 Open Alpha = NTTR.

so 1.5.6 is still a 1.5 Stable version and everybody is able to access it

(You dont have to buy it like with NTTR).

And since all Major Updated / new aircraft are released into 1.5 Open Beta first i dont understand how this is a surprise to so many =P.

• Like 1

• ED Team

ED released to the beta this time, and for good reason, we are seeing a performance issue which will be fixed ready for the push to the release version

Probably since the ED webshop said 1.5 Stable?

wait a week it should be in the stable version

If you buy early access modules you can expect them to be released to beta first, if you are not comfortable with that in future wait until the module is in a finished released state.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
What's that got to do with anything?

You already tricked him into buying it for use in stable version, and now he can't.

Done is done, trust is gone.

No one is tricking anyone, it has been released on the date ED said it would be.

you can use the beta with a few clicks without even installing a separate build, if you are not prepared to do that wait a week when it will hopefully be pushed to the release version as a early access module.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

hold your horses. Just update your dcs 1.5 via the updater found in: DCS World 1.5\bin. Let it update. for me it was about 3gb. and the voila you'll have 1.5.6 and the viggen is avaliable for download via the modulemanager as usual. I do not see the problem here...

And on another note. anyone produced a nice mapping for the logitech g940 yet?

No one is tricking anyone, it has been released on the date ED said it would be.

you can use the beta with a few clicks without even installing a separate build, if you are not prepared to do that wait a week when it will hopefully be pushed to the release version as a early access module.

You didn't read what I said, or do you do this on purpose?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
You didn't read what I said, or do you do this on purpose?

What that you don't think waiting a week if you do not want to use the beta has anything to do with it?

I disagree

You already tricked him into buying it for use in stable version

You are really not doing yourself a favor with that ridiculous insinuation that this was done on purpose.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Well it's pretty obvious that ED worked on 1.5.6 since at least the end of the holidays. When it became clear that it would be ready for release on the 27th in your opinion what should have happened?

1) Release 1.5.6 in stable and risk bringing major bugs and problems for all DCS players. (In fact there are major visual and performance issues in the beta right now)

2) Pull resources away from DCS development to update the now obsolete 1.5.5 to bring Viggen to 1.5.5 stable (also risking bugs of course) for the - according to this thread what? -15-20 people who have a problem using the beta or can't wait a week.

I'm really curious what you think the best course of action was.

Edited by spiddx
  • Like 1

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds