ED, Possibly new bug found

walmis

I have noticed this while developing my f-15. When in game it looked strange, kinda squished. I investigated a little and found this out. It seems that the game has problems with scaling. The model viewer is fine though. Tried reinstalling the game, and trying different display drivers with no luck.

Here's a display of the problem with the original eagle.

Notice the nozzle, it's completely circular in model viewer.

1xd8.th.jpg

Now take a good look of it in game, it's kinda squished a bit horizontally. :wallbash:

screenshot000hx5.th.jpg

I have noticed this while developing my f-15. When in game it looked strange, kinda squished. I investigated a little and found this out. It seems that the game has problems with scaling. The model viewer is fine though. Tried reinstalling the game, and trying different display drivers with no luck.

Here's a display of the problem with the original eagle.

Notice the nozzle, it's completely circular in model viewer.

1xd8.th.jpg

Now take a good look of it in game, it's kinda squished a bit horizontally. :wallbash:

screenshot000hx5.th.jpg

Well check aspect ratio in the game 1280x1024 = 1.25

I think you got default in game... 1.333...

Well check aspect ratio in the game 1280x1024 = 1.25

I think you got default in game... 1.333...

Oh man! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Edited my graphics.cfg, changed aspect ration to 1.25 and it's all correct now.

I was starting to get frustrated.

rep inbound

yea the aspect ration is a bitch, once you go into the option menu again, be sure to change the aspect ratio before you play. at 1280x1024 you can't really see it unless you have eagle eyes like walmis, maybe that's why he's building the eagle lol. Anyway i use a widescreen so im familar with the aspect ration. To help me cope with it, i use LoCFG so its a lot easier to change the aspect ration that way instead of going into the game folder and open the thing with word document to change to 1.6. However, I'm not sure you 1280x1024 users can do the same because i don't see that particular ration (1.25) in LoCFG so you guys are kinda forced to do it manually.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]