Any Vegetation in NTTR

When flying around NTTR, it looks like there is hardly much vegetation / trees around some of the areas where there should be vegetation (as can be seen from Google Earth).

I have my trees setting maxed out, but NTTR seems modelled almost all in desert only.

Did I miss out on anything?

Doesn't that just come down to total rainfall immediately beforehand?

If you read into the NTTR development process, you'll see it was based on satellite data draped over the terrain meshes.

It just happened to be imagery taken during a more arid time it seems.

Neither is wrong. Environmental conditions make a huge difference as you'd see if ever you are in a desert before and after some rain.

Not too sure about that, but I would expect that trees and bushes would have needed some time to grow up to what they are, instead of growing up all in one season and then gone, only to appear again next season.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that according to how good Normandy map will look, NTTR should has a quite BIG improvement, maybe a total revamp, because as it looks right now, it could be easily the worst looking map to date (I bet caucasus will look far better)...NTTR just cant be sooooo empty, we need better textures/more resolution, bushes all over the place and way more general vegetation and details everywhere (even if its a deserted place, it doesnt mean there is not vegetation at all, even in most hot seasons.

Looking at Normandy and future Caucasus I feel like NTTR purchasers should not deserve less than others map purchasers. Just my to cents.

Take a look at my MODS here

• 1 month later...
I have spent my career flying around Nevada and have landed in all but the airfields within the Restrict Area, and that is what Nevada looks like believe me. Enjoy it, it makes it easy on the frame rates.

352ndRJ

:thumbup:B I N G O ! !:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

I have spent my career flying around Nevada and have landed in all but the airfields within the Restrict Area, and that is what Nevada looks like believe me. Enjoy it, it makes it easy on the frame rates.

352ndRJ

EXACTLY!! The deserts in Nevada are actually very barren. If you have never been there and seen them, you probably can not imagine just how empty they are.

• Like 1

I don't know....I don't see a whole lot of vegetation. The vegetation that you see when you get close to the ground is so small and similar to the ground in color that it quickly dissappears when you get to any height. Whatever trees may be in the desert are rarely ever as big as an orange tree and the leaves are very small. When you get rain on the average of every 180 days, things get small.

Google can show all it wants to show. When you live here, it's another story.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/67226801?source=wapi&referrer=kh.google.com#

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi16fzTifjSAhXlgFQKHet6D9IQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.shutterstock.com%2Fvideo%2Fclip-4242749-stock-footage-aerial-view-desert-rocky-landscape-in-hot-arid-climate-nr-las-vegas-nevada-usa.html&psig=AFQjCNHL6XKHZD32j34a_e7xWgihuFu_VQ&ust=1490751876286749

Edited by Zimmerdylan

It really is close to how it really looks. it may be difficult for some one from another country that hasn't been there before. However I read on another thread that there is or was a recent bug with the grass that made it look strange. don't know if maybe what the OP is wondering about

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]