EP-13 sight and no Track IR

Tango777

For someone like me who does not have Track IR, how would I use the EP-13 radar aiming scope?

The way it is in the preview videos is not how it will look in the final build. As far as i have understood you should be able to use the sight from a rested position, and not have to lean to the side as they need to do in the preview build being shown on YouTube.

you can click and hold your mouse button while you don't have the yellow + selected, then if you hold the mouse button and drag the mouse around, you can adjust your position in cockpit, and if you scroll the mousewheel while pressing it, you can adjust your view up and down

The way it is in the preview videos is not how it will look in the final build. As far as i have understood you should be able to use the sight from a rested position, and not have to lean to the side as they need to do in the preview build being shown on YouTube.

even if one can use it from a rested position being able to lean in for a closer and clearer view should make it easier and more effective.

Thank you all for the info on the EP-15.

1 other question: Did I read it correctly somewhere or on youtube where the Viggen's autopilot has a low level terrain avoidance system?

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

Hello!

I have a question regarding the cockpit view too. I can't use my freetrack rig anymore, that's why I use an EDTracker now. With the right setting I can use head roll for moving the camera sideways. This works pretty well and the only thing I can't see good is a radio during startup in the A10C. But that is not a problem.

Will I be able to see/reach all indicators and switches in the Viggen? In the videos I watched it looked like lowering the head into the cockpit is often needed.

Did I read it correctly somewhere or on youtube where the Viggen's autopilot has a low level terrain avoidance system?

AFAIK the Viggen has a ground collision / altitude warning system.

The parameters (height, speed, attitude, etc.) that trigger the GROUND COLLISION and LOW ALTITUDE WARNING system (lamp) depend on the autopilot setting, master mode, loaded weapon/mode, etc. i.e. triggered by flying less than 80% of planned altitude, 7 seconds from collision, aircraft is outside weapon launch parameters, etc.

The radar does have an avoidance mode that is optimised to detect terrain, etc. at the same altitude (rather than map terrain and/or resolve ground targets) and display it but the autopilot will not automatic avoid a obstacle.

Page 165 of the DCS Viggen Manual covers ground collision / altitude warning

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3005186&postcount=1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080