Mig-29A (New module) IQAF skin

Timka01

Hi everybody :) After a hard work I just finished putting an IQAF skin on the Mig-29A the new module...VERY detailed based on the original one...One very important thing I need help with it's about how to get rid of the English numbers? I know how to work on lua stuff but on this module I'd tried everything but it didn't work :cry: I included a pic of that lua if someone knows how to edit it to have those numbers to disappear I'll be SO grateful :thumbup: Thanks in advance

Mig-29A.thumb.jpg.0744d838bc6c0b927de5b1a2030c57ac.jpg

lua.thumb.jpg.a3b94e6ffa0a2635032ec56438766e57.jpg

Edited by Timka01

It didn't work :( Now with this new lua I even lost the skin!! Now DCS switched me to the default Russian AF Mig-29????!!!

hey Timka, let us check the problem. please show us your description.lua file and the names of the texture files what you use.

btw: you should use variable arabic numbers there, instead of a graphical-static-number (what you draw onto the texture) - if you wanna use 3 digit arabic numbers then draw the first digit as static but make 2nd and 3rd digit as variable by arg31 and arg32

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

hey Timka, let us check the problem. please show us your description.lua file and the names of the texture files what you use.

btw: you should use variable arabic numbers there, instead of a graphical-static-number (what you draw onto the texture) - if you wanna use 3 digit arabic numbers then draw the first digit as static but make 2nd and 3rd digit as variable by arg31 and arg32

I know what you mean believe me...I'd tried that but they already put a texture numbers that I couldn't modified!! I included a pic of that lua if ya wanna take a look at it one thing I should try now: To check how they make that Mig-21 variable arabic numbers work!! Thanks a lot for trying to help and if ya have more ideas please put it here :thumbup:

hey, i am pretty sure what is your problem :doh:

don't use notepad, that screws up your lua file :D

use notepad++ :yes:

and use this if you dont need variable side and tail numbers ('empty' is an "invisible" alpha texture and '3' means "decal")

and dont use "countries=" in the description.lua, in that case it will allow to use your skin for all MiG-29 countries (what defined in the Scripts\Database\db_countries.lua)

livery = {

{"mig29_tex1", 0 ,"mig-29_tex01_ukr",false};

{"mig29_tex2", 0 ,"mig-29_tex02_ukr",false};

{"mig29_tex3", 0 ,"mig-29_tex03_ukr",false};

{"mig29_tex4", 0 ,"mig-29_tex04_ukr",false};

{"mig29_tex5", 0 ,"mig-29_tex05_ukr",false};

{"mig29_tex5_BN31", 0 ,"mig-29_tex05_ukr",false};

{"mig29_tex5_BN31", 3 ,"empty",true};

{"mig29_tex5_BN32", 0 ,"mig-29_tex05_ukr",false};

{"mig29_tex5_BN32", 3 ,"empty",true};

{"mig29_tex6", 0 ,"mig-29_tex06_ukr",false};

{"mig29_tex7", 0 ,"mig-29_tex07_ukr",false};

{"mig29_tex8", 0 ,"mig-29_tex08_ukr",false};

{"mig29_metal", 0 ,"mig-29_metal",true};

{"mig29_nose", 0 ,"mig-29_nose_ukr",false};

{"mig29_nose_BN31", 0 ,"mig-29_nose_ukr",false};

{"mig29_nose_BN31", 3 ,"empty",true};

{"mig29_nose_BN32", 0 ,"mig-29_nose_ukr",false};

{"mig29_nose_BN32", 3 ,"empty",true};

}

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Can ya make it to fit on Mig-29? Just like in this pic?

Sure I'll do but it will not be 100% accurate:

I cannot change the size of the numbers or the space between two numbers.

But I also prefer a dynamic numbering when possible :)

Maybe I'll upload it this evening here and tomorrow in the user files

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

Didn't know what you mean :( It's the new Mig-29A module flyable if that what you're asking about?

Bort , it's the common name here in DCS for the two code digits used in DCS aircrafts. In some Lua from ED these codes are called BORT, I guess that is a transliteration from Russian.

You asked to remove western arabic numbers (0123456789). I am asking if you have plans to add dynamic bort with Indic numbers (٩ ٨ ٧ ٦ ٥ ٤ ٣ ٢ ١ ٠) in opposition to the static which it is shown in your WIP screenshots.

Thanks.

P.S. I see later that What I am asking was answered.

Sadly these arab countries use 4 digit numerals...FC-3 planes only can use 2 as far I know. First two can be static, but match the size and color of static and dinamyc numbers is a trial&error task.

Edited by Ce_Zeta

CHSubZero & Ce_Zeta thanks a lot really appreciated :thumbup: if ya guys will comeout with a solution please drop it here!! And that Arabic numbers work is awesome but it's too big and I'm always so accurate when doing a skin to make it look exactly copy of the original :) Cheers ya'll

Sadly these arab countries use 4 digit numerals...FC-3 planes only can use 2 as far I know. First two can be static, but match the size and color of static and dinamyc numbers is a trial&error task.

If you want to create a dynamic bort number with a fix prefix you have to do the skin for the MiG-29G instead of the -A. The bort number position of the -G is much smaller and more in the back as in the -A. I check the bort number texture file: Both have the same size so it's just the positioning of the bort on the model which reduces the size this much.

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

there are another few technics: sliding numbers left or right on the texture, for example.

of course you will need different texture for the BN31 and BN32 materials what are the 10s and the 1s on both side

if you push closer together the 2 digits (10s and 1s) you will get enough space front of or behind of the numbers for the 3rd digit

or you will ask a hardcore modder to shrink/enlarge/reposition the bort-number poligons, or to make all the four numbers using different textures/materials or add 3rd or 4th digit on both side, everything is possible

anyway, if you done maybe you should release your skin with and without the static numbers

by the way: i don't understand why the MiG-29 model maker made two models (as G and A version) if only the side numbers differ on the models. a simple arg-visibility on the poligons of numbers able to reduce to one model.

one value for bort-number visibility for the A and another value-visibility for the G model

sign-pic4.jpg