The emergency afterburner does nothing

shab249

Well essentially records indicate a dry thrust of 73-74kn, primary wet thrust is 81-83kn and double wet ( giggity) is estimated in the 87-89 kn of thrust on a standard ground temp 15°C 29.92 QNH. As buzzles said it is not designed to provide an increase in performance above 5000m ASL. I can attest to the .6-.9M dash and especially Time to Climb. T/O to 7km at 1st stage AB takes about 4m30s. EmrgAB goes to that in about 2m30s. Payload configuration for this was ×800L centerline x2 r3r otb pylon x2 r60 inb pylon

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Well essentially records indicate a dry thrust of 73-74kn, primary wet thrust is 81-83kn and double wet ( giggity) is estimated in the 87-89 kn of thrust on a standard ground temp 15°C 29.92 QNH. As buzzles said it is not designed to provide an increase in performance above 5000m ASL. I can attest to the .6-.9M dash and especially Time to Climb. T/O to 7km at 1st stage AB takes about 4m30s. EmrgAB goes to that in about 2m30s. Payload configuration for this was ×800L centerline x2 r3r otb pylon x2 r60 inb pylon

Dry thrust of 74KN dude are you talking about mig 23 because it cant be a 21

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I sure am. Operation have donut outlines the performance of an F13 mig. The bis improved on the engine for the bis.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

The second AB fuel pump is unregulated in fuel flow. It runs as fast as it can and is inherently variable as a result.

Testing should be pretty simple to find maximum steady state speed with 1stAB and say brakes out to keep the speed reasonable (unlimited fuel cheat) and when engaging the 2nd AB switch the steady state speed should rise.