FFB activation

theGozr

Its not currently being worked on, None of the dev team have FFB sticks so developing this is ineffective until this changes.

I dont see that happening any time soon I am afraid.

We may look at it in the future, but I have no eta of when.

Pman

Is the same applicable for the P-40?

No FFB would be a no-go for me - would definitely be my last module from VEAO if there was a lack of FFB in their modules.

Yes, this is the same for the P-40 as well

Pman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said really, there isn’t anything the community can do, it is ineffective for us to try and develop a behaviour for hardware we do not possess. This may change in the future, never say never, but it is not in active development at the moment.

99% of our team have Warthogs.

At some point in the future we may go back and look at it, but currently there are no sticks being made by manufacturers that support force feedback that I am aware of either, its only legacy hardware, mainly the very old Microsoft stick.

So at this point, don’t rule it out but it’s not something we are working on anytime soon.

Pman

so basically, people who have a ffb stick will not be able to fly your modules.

that goes for all modules, but especially when its about the warbirds, i dont think you do yourself a favour with "ignoring" this minority. i cannot imagine missing out on that feature, which should be a dcs standard, fares well for VEAO's reputation. imho

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed
  • Like 1

For Jetfighter you get over missing FFB, where you can fly with AOA Display around and stick forces most artifactual.

But Prob Aircraft with missing FFB where is essential to know your current flight condition and limits about AOA over FFB Joystick is no go.

The old Sidewinder dont leave Ebay with a Price Tag of 140 Euros and more for no Reasons saddly.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

It's shocking to me.. FFB is a great part for Sims as much as clickable pits .. as Track IR or VR.. Frankly doesn't require much. It's a big shade on the company name imo .. sadly .. I am sure we can help .. This aircraft at it is with out FFB is useless to us.

Fly it like you stole it..

Gents,

This is not something that can be cooked up in 5 minutes.

We can't copy any existing modules that have FFB, we have to create the FFB table from scratch to match the aircraft and need an FFB stick to do it.

Right now we have higher priorities to work on for Hawk and P40.

Thanks,

Chris.

Gents,

This is not something that can be cooked up in 5 minutes.

We can't copy any existing modules that have FFB, we have to create the FFB table from scratch to match the aircraft and need an FFB stick to do it.

Right now we have higher priorities to work on for Hawk and P40.

Thanks,

Chris.

I´m sure it wouldn´t have been that much of a problem to get a hold of a few FFB sticks so the developement of the FFB could have come along the whole development process.

No one expects you to cook it up in 5 minutes ..

FFB is not a requirement of DCS modules.

It has never been advertised that Hawk nor P40 would have FFB support; please read the product descriptions before purchasing modules and do not assume anything unless it is written down.

We clearly state the features that will be included in our modules on our product description pages.

If you think it's easy to create an FFB profile simply from just having a stick then I would welcome your help to get it working.

As I said, we have higher priorities on both aircraft.

Possible to just as for now do a generic forces? just resistances would help the simmers a lot .. progressive resistance at minimum would do good .. no shakes etc .. for now. Just think about this.. Implement one just basic ..I can correct it , test it, adjust it.

Basically to ovoid to have a dead stick for now

FFB is a core DCS thing, not mod specific as far as I know.

I've added in the FFB core commands from DCS so it should work.

I'll look into it more.

Please do tell more.. Thank you

Edited by theGozr

Possible to just as for now do a generic forces? just resistances would help the simmers a lot .. progressive resistance at minimum would do good .. no shakes etc .. for now. Just think about this.. Implement one just basic ..I can correct it , test it, adjust it.

Basically to ovoid to have a dead stick for now

Please do tell more.. Thank you

Simffb could sort that out but sadly only the centering force

I'm not over exited of the lack of ffb myself though, kind of a must for the warbirds

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

If i remember it right, FFB worked in the first few month after release for the Hawk, then this function disappeared. Since that time, i don't fly the Hawk, because i have a FFB Joystick.

I really enjoyed flying this great aircraft, but this missing FFB thing disappointed me very much along with some other really anoying things (long developement time, bugs etc)

VEAO doesn't get the point, so they won't get my money in the future...

:mad:

If i remember it right, FFB worked in the first few month after release for the Hawk, then this function disappeared. Since that time, i don't fly the Hawk, because i have a FFB Joystick.

I really enjoyed flying this great aircraft, but this missing FFB thing disappointed me very much along with some other really anoying things (long developement time, bugs etc)

VEAO doesn't get the point, so they won't get my money in the future...

:mad:

That's because it was released with SFM which is "controlled" by the sim and would have incorporated FFB.

The same would be for the C-101 currently as it's using SFM.

I can understand your frustration and we do get the point very much!

There are currently no hardware manufacturers producing FFB sticks and supporting legacy MS Sidewinder sticks is extremely difficult, not just getting hold of them.

You have our attention is all I'm going to say right now.

Chris

I have not tried VEAO aircraft yet, but I was so very much looking forward to the VEAO Warbirds, especially the Spitfire Mk XIV. I must confess I am now somewhat dismayed and shocked that models could be provided without force feedback.

I use a FF stick and the Gametrix 908 FF seat with the 'Simshaker for Aviators' app. The life that FF provides for flight simulation is a joy I would not be without.

The answer to my FF question, specifically in relation to the Spitfire Mk XIV, from Pman and my response can be found here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3025624#post3025624

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

• Like 1

56RAF_Talisman

Spitfire! 'That's no aircraft, that's a bleedin' angel'

I don't know what people expect in this case?

First, it is difficult to buy a FFB Joystick, as they are no longer manufactured.

Second, even the manufacturer of the "often proposed E-bay deal" MS Sidewinder FFB 2 USB has dropped the support for this product since a long time ago and it is not officially supported for Windows since Windows 2000, where they had the latest drivers...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/how-to-install-microsoft-sidewinder-joystick-on-a/af3758d4-f90a-4d30-896f-a09914c2b22d

So to sum it up you really expect developers to A) buy an overpriced piece of junk from E-Bay, B) hack into the communication and without an SDK try to reverse engineer a more or less realistic FFB implementation and support under DCS? Really?!

The MS Sidewinder FFB 2 should register as a HID controller as far as I've read. With simffb you may get centering force, so you can fly any plane with your FFB Stick...

If somebody provides a spare MS Sidewinder FFB2, the SDK or some details how to talk to the FFB part of the stick to send "feedback" from the simulation and asks nicely, maybe they can spare some dev time in the future to look into this, but with neither the hardware to remotely test something, nor an SDK with pointers how to do it, this is pretty pointless!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I have not tried VEAO aircraft yet, but I was so very much looking forward to the VEAO Warbirds, especially the Spitfire Mk XIV. I must confess I am now somewhat dismayed and shocked that models could be provided without force feedback.

I use a FF stick and the Gametrix 908 FF seat with the 'Simshaker for Aviators' app. The life that FF provides for flight simulation is a joy I would not be without.

The answer to my FF question, specifically in relation to the Spitfire Mk XIV, from Pman and my response can be found here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3025624#post3025624

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Gametrix Jetseat is completely independant from "ForceFeedback", as in not using any protocol other than DCS export API, AFAIK.

F4L0 is maintaining the Simshaker f. Aviators software and usually the new export works with every plane as a generic input, so far.

This has nothing to do with VEAO, or what they model. For details you should ask F4L0 directly. :smilewink:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

This mentality is not part of Simulation. You must be a visionary first if you want to make it in basically any kind of business. DCS FFB is great I build myself FFB pedals as well I am probably the only one to have done it.. and it work great ( Only on DCS no other sim ) To maximize the experience you must have those forces .. This remind me quite some time trying to pursue Oleg ( IL2 original ) to implement Track IR and after 6DOF . same scenario .. FFB will come back because it is the best experience as a stick so better be ready. For my part I wont get any aircraft with out FFB it's simple. Best is to hump in an stick aircraft in RL and feel how stick forces are a huge part of the aircraft feel and control it will be a great experience for a designer.