What's new on DCS now?

Gault05

Hey everyone, Gault05 here. I haven't posted much on DCS in a long time. Last time I did was probably somewhere back in 2014 or 2015. But decided to come back and see what's going on.

Though I'm still pretty stuck trying to get parts to play, what's been going on in DCS lately? Any new mods or terrain maps and whatnot lately?

DCS status:

Case:NZXT S340 Mid Tower;Motherboard:MSi 970 Gaming DDR3 ATX;CPU:AMD FX-8350 8-Core Unlocked with Hyper 212 Evo heatsink;Memory:Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3;Hard Drive:Samsung 640GB;SSD: Crucial 256GB;Sound:Asus Xonar DGX; Power: EVGA 600W B1 80+;OS:Windows 10 64-bit; GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB 256-bit

Modules: Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D, Combined Arms, Black Shark 2, A-10C 2, WW2 Assets, F/A-18C, F-16C Viper

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria

DCS is sorta in a migration period. Right now we have 1.5 (release version with the old black sea map on the new edge engine) and 2.0 (alpha with new Nevada NTTR map). The Black sea map is being redone and the two DCS versions will be combined into a single 2.5 version.

I think I got all that correct.....

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

You can read the weekly news thread, that's pretty much all of the official information there: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151478

Just be aware that not everything that was announced there has been released yet.

Hardware: Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Reverb

Correct.

Aircraft-wise the Mirage2000C, F-5 Tiger II and Spitfire Mk.IX are out. Leatherneck is finishing up the AJS-37 Viggen and that is to be released in a week (was it 24th of january..?). We are awaiting the WWII Normand map. 2.5 version is pushed further down the line and so is the F/A-18.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

You will also need to update your RAM up to 8GB or more and your video card with 2GB VRAM or more!

As you state in your sig, you're stuck with 1.2.16. I hope you consider upgrading so you can use all the new stuff that gets released for DCS.

Yes, I do realize this, which is why I said I'm stuck with it, but am working on getting some money somewhere in order to fix the problem. Sucks that even 6GB RAM isn't cheap anymore these days.

I saw that the new Spit.9 mod came out, and an early phase Viggen mod as well(never expected that to actually happen).

Wasn't there some talk about the Strait of Hormuz a while back? What happened to that?

DCS status:

Case:NZXT S340 Mid Tower;Motherboard:MSi 970 Gaming DDR3 ATX;CPU:AMD FX-8350 8-Core Unlocked with Hyper 212 Evo heatsink;Memory:Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3;Hard Drive:Samsung 640GB;SSD: Crucial 256GB;Sound:Asus Xonar DGX; Power: EVGA 600W B1 80+;OS:Windows 10 64-bit; GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB 256-bit

Modules: Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D, Combined Arms, Black Shark 2, A-10C 2, WW2 Assets, F/A-18C, F-16C Viper

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria

Apparently it's still in the works, but since we haven't had an update on it for a few months (other things getting development priority), there's no ETA yet.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.