oculus rift cv 1 sensor USB-problems

ER*Wumme

Hi all,

love my oc cv 1 and will never miss it flying in DCS or FSX ..

got problems with my oc cv 1 sensor since last week. contacted oculus Support , load Drivers manuallly ...rift sensor doesnt work.

device Manager recognizes the camera, but shows a triangle .. no device driver loaded

The Problem occurs after I re-installed the oculus Software( other reason). Changed to a new sensor from my oculus touch , same Problem

any idea :helpsmilie:

thank you

Edited by propfan

If I had to guess, it's the USB port your sensor is plugged into. The Oculus Rift is VERY picky about the USB 3.0 ports. Many, myself included, purchased separate 4-port USB 3.0 cards that are known to work with the Rift.

Google around and you can find many threads on compatible cards.

Same problem, sensor always says incompatible USB port, even using one that works fine with the HMD. My USB expansion card doesn't even recognize it is plugged in (driver issue for the card, I suspect)

However, the sensor does work fine on a USB 2.0 port. No error messages and it seems to work fine.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

You could try enabling / disabling xhci in the bios, with my mobo I have to keep it off for the warthog to work, but it essentially reverts everything to USB 2. Oddly enough, the oculus CV1 works, but it has to be on if I want to use two sensors and room scale. Why? No idea.

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.