Confused with AI

Dav IRL

How can I set a pair of huey's to attack a unit group successfully? I have tried advanced triggers and attaching the huey group to an enemy unit group and they just fly to the point and don't attack, I have given them full weapon load outs!. I did the same for a pair of AH64 apaches and they didn't use their missiles or guns, what am I doing wrong? Even when I setup group of unarmed trucks both the huey's and the apaches do nothing. When I placed one AA on the ground they completely blew them out of the air, surely both the huey and the apache should be attacking from a distance.

Can someone please tell me what steps I need to take to have AI attack ground targets in a simple and effective manner?

Thank you pilots!

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Can someone please tell me what steps I need to take to have AI attack ground targets in a simple and effective manner?

Thank you pilots!

Good luck with that, seems to be a bit of an art form to get choppers to engage properly.

But here is a sample that I knocked up to show the huey in action, it was difficult to get them to attack this way, as they would shoot and then just sit there in the air looking at the enemy 50m away, then after several minutes would attack again, rinse and repeat.

I used a formation command to separate them and they now attack heaps better.

Sample attached for you to have a look at.

Regards, Ian

Test - Huey killing ground troops 2.miz

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Good luck with that, seems to be a bit of an art form to get choppers to engage properly.

But here is a sample that I knocked up to show the huey in action, it was difficult to get them to attack this way, as they would shoot and then just sit there in the air looking at the enemy 50m away, then after several minutes would attack again, rinse and repeat.

I used a formation command to separate them and they now attack heaps better.

Sample attached for you to have a look at.

Regards, Ian

Thanks for sharing geeez I didn't think it would be such an effort I'll check this out shortly, thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.