Change damage values of AI units?

SierraFox

In the making of a large sandbox mission i've been working on, i've come across an issue that im not entirely sure what i can do about it.

Essentially there is going to be a large scale war going on across the map, with different units engaged with each other. the player had the options of what they want to do, CAS, CAP, strikes etc. However for the world to feel alive i was going to use a respawn script to keep the fights going, the issue with this is that it makes a LOT of debris, which as far as i can tell cant be removed.

So I'm wondering if there's a way to change the damage of the engaged AI units to 0 so they visually attack each other but cannot kill each other without the player getting involved. I tried making them immortal but this also prevents the player from killing them as well.

Alternatively is there a script that can spawn units when within a certain range and then despawn them if you're too far away?

Saitek X-52 | Track IR 5 w/ TrackClip | DSD "Trackzilla" Button Box

Flaming Cliffs 3 | F-5e | Mirage 2000 | A-10c | Harrier AV-8B

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could make involved vehicles immortal until the players aircraft is in a particular zone. Just set advanced waypoint option to perform task I believe it is and set immortal on a condition that is turned off when a flag triggered by a client aircraft entering the zone.

The other issue you'll run into though is running out of ammo. I can't recall if there is an auto resupply that just takes longer if there are no transport vehicles present? Something to think about.

I suppose you can make the vehicles invisible to each other as well until the player gets in a larger zone so the fight starts around the time they come into view. Alternatively you can late activate them to a trigger similarly to the immortal- just late activate the units and they'll start slagging it out when you approach.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I would love to have an option to control the Hit Points and Accuracy of the vehicles. Since I play Lock On Im looking for this, it would give a lot of scenery and option for missions.

The invulnerability option is not so friendly.

I generally do an attack ground and put each group invisible so from afar it looks like a firefight. But an accuracy option would be awesome!

Invulnerability not friendly? Pardon the question but how so? Is it bugged or by not friendly do you just mean not as immersive?

I mean immersive :). I don't like to see the units taking infinite damage y prefer to see they miss. Especially for troops.

Oh I also put a supply truck nearby for ammo. I think they need to be between 300ft.

So let me get this right. You want to have the units, but stop them eating too much CPU, fighting and firing and whatnot....but when the player comes along, for them to be back to normal? Hence the request for a bubble behaviour too (which i'm sure has been asked for before but never seen one)

If so it's an interesting and worthy challenge. And probably a million and one ways of achieving similar results and none easy I can think of.

First set of objectives will be reducing the total count of units, then the total count of moving units. Usually you can spawn in extra layers as they die, to keep numbers the same.

Your issue is how to deal with large amounts of ground units in contact with each other in an inexpensive way. I really can't think of any way to do it easily. Perhaps you could link up with Stonehouse in your country/timezone and discuss scripting options? I don't think invulnerability switching is a go because units will still be calculating the firing and more so. If you make them ignore anyone then it will just not be worth it for the cost in realism.

What would be best would be to dynamically grow and shrink group numbers as the player got nearer. That's the best I can think of.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

In the making of a large sandbox mission i've been working on, i've come across an issue that im not entirely sure what i can do about it.

Essentially there is going to be a large scale war going on across the map, with different units engaged with each other. the player had the options of what they want to do, CAS, CAP, strikes etc. However for the world to feel alive i was going to use a respawn script to keep the fights going, the issue with this is that it makes a LOT of debris, which as far as i can tell cant be removed.

So I'm wondering if there's a way to change the damage of the engaged AI units to 0 so they visually attack each other but cannot kill each other without the player getting involved. I tried making them immortal but this also prevents the player from killing them as well.

Alternatively is there a script that can spawn units when within a certain range and then despawn them if you're too far away?

Ib think I have a solution for you... It would be similar as the SEAD class in moose. Catch the shot event. When it is a human shooting, deactivate the ground immortality... Or, measure the distance when a human player is near... When near, deactivate the immortality...

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Ib think I have a solution for you... It would be similar as the SEAD class in moose. Catch the shot event. When it is a human shooting, deactivate the ground immortality... Or, measure the distance when a human player is near... When near, deactivate the immortality...

Yeah, that's what I was getting at too. In the conventional trigger just "group in zone" and make the zone big enough so that the trigger takes down immortality when the guy is close enough to see. Set the flag on entering.

You can also step the immortality between groups... instead of just having one group per side, have 5 groups per side. Leave some immortal and turn some off over time. Trigger is set when player inbound now group 1 loses immortality. trigger plus 5 minutes, now a second group loses immortality. etc.

Flight your moose solution is probably cleaner by a long shot but as a noob I have a real hard time trying to figure it out how to apply it.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Flight your moose solution is probably cleaner by a long shot but as a noob I have a real hard time trying to figure it out how to apply it.

Hi ENO,

I read your response and felt that there is a potential moose user here, but something are missing. Therefore, and if this is true, may I ask you what can get you from noob to a confident user?

I mean, is it ...:

- time?

- find your way?

- documentation (quality)?

- lua knowledge?

- learning curve too steep?

- other topics?

Pls feedback.

Fc

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]