Flight Suit Attitude and Radio Freqs

streakeagle

It would be really nice if the radio frequency of the base you are scheduled to land was available to the F-86F channel selector. In this mission, the available frequencies are in 10 MHz intervals (like 265 MHz and 255 MHz) and Kobuleti has a frequency of 262 MHz. There is not way to talk to the base.

Hunter Becomes the Hunted and MiG Sweep suffer from a similar problem with 260 MHz being Batumi's frequency but the radio not supporting it.

All the other single player missions start on the ground and have the correct ATC frequency available.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The stock missions that start on the ground have pre-assigned frequencies that match the base. It is only in this handful of air start missions that the radio channels are predefined to cover only frequencies such as 245, 255, and 265, while skipping the ATC frequencies required for the mission, such as 260 and 262. This is probably a residual from the original beta release that didn't ever get fixed because no one ever mentioned it. So, now I am mentioning it!

While I can easily fix this by opening up the mission in the editor and assigning any frequencies I need to whatever channel I like, it would be nice if stock missions worked 100% correct out of the box :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]