MiG-23 ML/MLD Flogger

flanker1

What do you think?

After all these hopes, rumours lost projects and -maybe- hidden agendas - will we finally get the Flogger, one the most beautiful and amazing birds ever, for DCS in 2017?

Or hopefully and maybe as a new-year-gift in best case - whom of the officials can let the dog out?

Edited by flanker1

RAZBAM(EDIT: might be LN? this is confusing. Someone said something or speculated something or something something interest in something) apparently wanted to do it but got denied the licensing for unknown reasons. Russian military have been rather secretive recently so that's probably the reason for it.

Edited by DistantStatic

It would a very interesting aircraft. I'm currently reading Red Eagles:Americas Secret Migs book, and many pilots mentions how the aircraft was a handful and very difficult to fly in many ways.

Here is a preview;

https://books.google.com/books?id=iNvvCwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Edit:

I also saw this video the other day, looks like a training video. One that stuck out to me was, if the wings do not move, you eject! crazy.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3010301&postcount=1897

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Prowler said their choice was "unavailable", so my hopeful guess would be that somebody is already working on it. Because - being one of the most iconic soviet fighters the MiG-23 is a must ;)

One that stuck out to me was, if the wings do not move, you eject! crazy.

Only if the wings were stuck in another position than 16° which is necessary for starting and landing; I guess in 45° and 72° the wings didn't generate enough lift for landing at a safe (low) speed, so the instructions recommended to bail out.

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

It will be great but i want the devs to focus on things like F-4 F-14 or Mirage 3 (i will buy it immediately and yes im from israel :) ) because its very comparable to the mig 21 that we already have (the cockpit is almost the same) so maybe in 2018

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It will be great but i want the devs to focus on things like F-4 F-14 or Mirage 3 (i will buy it immediately and yes im from israel :) ) because its very comparable to the mig 21 that we already have (the cockpit is almost the same) so maybe in 2018

Don't know what Version you talking about, aparently from the Cockpit Paint there is not much left, yea it have control Column in both jets! complete different Electronics and Swept Wings some of the MIG23 dont even have a Radar Screen like MIG-21...

.....I say also the F-4 and F-14 are the same:huh:

Hopefully there is anoucement of MIG-23 this Year, there is someone Working in the Backyard allready..

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

.....I say also the F-4 and F-14 are the same

*triggered*

Lol ammm yea i know its diffrent jet in a lot of ways but think about it like that

The 21bis had radar range of 30km and the first 23 had radar range of 40-45km while the 21 has ground attack capability and better maneuverability

So if they'll make a 23 they have too do a late model like the 23MLD if not its pointless

Quote from Mr. Wagner on the subject;

Just to be clear, the MiG-19 does not have a DCS license agreement at this time. Hopefully it will in the future if the developer (a sub-team working with RAZBAM) can demonstrate the level of quality needed. It simply does not conflict with already established plans, as the MiG-23 did.

http://forums.mudspike.com/t/razbam-mig-23-canceled/3314/90

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

*triggered*

Lol ammm yea i know its diffrent jet in a lot of ways but think about it like that

The 21bis had radar range of 30km and the first 23 had radar range of 40-45km while the 21 has ground attack capability and better maneuverability

So if they'll make a 23 they have too do a late model like the 23MLD if not its pointless

Truly understand your Point that you Perfer much more the Western Jets, but in DCS quality (not FC3) there is pretty much a lack of Russian/Sowjet Jets, we getting in the Future F-14/18 allready have M2000 and F-5 Razbam is Working on the Mirage 3. Only MIG 21 so far not any future Plans.

(PS i hope for a MLD or something smillar not a downgraded MIG-23 somewhere out of the Syrian Desert :D

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Truly understand your Point that you Perfer much more the Western Jets, but in DCS quality (not FC3) there is pretty much a lack of Russian/Sowjet Jets, we getting in the Future F-14/18 allready have M2000 and F-5 Razbam is Working on the Mirage 3. Only MIG 21 so far not any future Plans.

(PS i hope for a MLD or something smillar not a downgraded MIG-23 somewhere out of the Syrian Desert :D

Maybe SU 17? i would like to see that or a SU-25TM full cockpit

When commenting "developers should concentrate on this and this module only", remember that:

1. There are multiple developement teams (yes, that means more than one aircraft is in the works all the time)

2. Many developement teams have smaller groups working on different aircraft, and moving them all to a single module might be impossible, or it might not even help at all.

Sometimes the discussion on the forums makes me think people don't want any new aircraft in the sim because it's not their favorite...

You don't have to fly it if you don't like it, but I bet you wan't to shoot down player controlled aircraft more than you do the dumb AI ones.

Waiting for news on the -23

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

When commenting "developers should concentrate on this and this module only", remember that:

1. There are multiple developement teams (yes, that means more than one aircraft is in the works all the time)

2. Many developement teams have smaller groups working on different aircraft, and moving them all to a single module might be impossible, or it might not even help at all.

Sometimes the discussion on the forums makes me think people don't want any new aircraft in the sim because it's not their favorite...

You don't have to fly it if you don't like it, but I bet you wan't to shoot down player controlled aircraft more than you do the dumb AI ones.

Waiting for news on the -23

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

I agree but really i dont see the mig 23 in dcs in the near future

I agree but really i dont see the mig 23 in dcs in the near future

Me neither. But given the recent announcement on RAZBAMs new sub-team and not being able to do the Flogger for interfering with established plans I am curious to hear about it. Not expecting a module on the next few years. ED has their hands full at the moment.

DCS Finland | SF squadron