Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Just my opinion:

I recieved my T50 with base 10 days ago. My cams look really well manufactured - comparable to the ones on the picture cyph3r posted. Everything is very well manufactured - there are no loose parts or anything. The Stick is super precise and the adjustement for the centre stick force on the base works extremely well when switching between the mongoose stick and my warthog stick with the extension (which in my opinion is neccessary because of the extra weight of the warthog). That beeing said i am super happy with the quality of the product - the stick feels amazing - and i am absolutely confident that i will not be able to brake the base in daily use. The base is lightyears beyond my warthog base.

Thanks Pasquale1986! Glad to hear you're enjoying the MT-50 :thumbsup:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, I preordered the T-50 base, it was great as received. When I disassembled it to try the extra cams and springs I was totally satisfied with the design, build quality and finish. I had the bad cams too, but it only took an email with a few photos to have a replacement set sent free of charge.

The T-50 mechanism is quite rugged and should easily outlast every other joystick I've ever had. The greasy ball Warthog base can't even compare.

Thanks Dburne for the feedback and all other contributors after my question, all very usefull info.

At the moment I use Wassy100's 10cm stainless extension. Are the current warthog extensions compatible with the Mongoose T-50 base?

If I went for the base unit to use with my hawg grip could I just use the wassy100 extension?

With the complete TH Hawg stick, and looking at the top of the grip, a rotary twist or play of 1 or 2 degrees either side of neutral is possible due to the gimbal construction.

Is the Mongoose T-50 base rock solid and free of play?

Does it feel firm (apart from free fluid movement in the expected direction of travel)?

I am starting to tense the trigger, I can feel and hear the sear creaking for a crisp hammer release. A purchase is starting to feel right.

Hey Cyph3r,

What is the lead time for the base unit and can I order it with light springs and soft centred cams already installed?

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Thanks Dburne for the feedback and all other contributors after my question, all very usefull info.

At the moment I use Wassy100's 10cm stainless extension. Are the current warthog extensions compatible with the Mongoose T-50 base?

If I went for the base unit to use with my hawg grip could I just use the wassy100 extension?

Yep sure can. However I will say I thought I might just stick with my Warthog grip, but having that brake lever as an axis along with a button both is a very nice feature. So I stuck with the Mongoose grip.

With the complete TH Hawg stick, and looking at the top of the grip, a rotary twist or play of 1 or 2 degrees either side of neutral is possible due to the gimbal construction.

Is the Mongoose T-50 base rock solid and free of play?

Does it feel firm (apart from free fluid movement in the expected direction of travel)?

Oh yeah. You can twist it however much you like on the base prior to tightening, but tightened up it is rock solid. Keep in mind also the different cams, and adjustable spring tensioner from top of gimbal. And different springs as well. Very customizable.

I settled on soft center cams and soft springs, and love it.

With the soft center cams, there is certainly some softness around center. I tightened it up some with the spring tensioner screws and got it about perfect for my tastes. I can feel just a little slight resistance when starting to move the stick in the pitch and roll axis, which is what I like to keep my hand from "drifting" either way.

I am starting to tense the trigger, I can feel and hear the sear creaking for a crisp hammer release. A purchase is starting to feel right.

Still loving mine and I have now accumulated many hours of flying on almost a daily basis with it.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The cams in the picture above are mine. Base #201 so I can image that every base released later has the same quality.

My issue with the sensor/connector has been fixed last week. I have contacted one of Virpil's engineer and they immediately shipped a pair of connectors and sensors. Arrived in a week, it took 10 minutes to change it (1 minute to open, close and change the sensor - 9 minutes to remount the PCB :S ) and now is perfect.

Some pics of the surgery.

Before:

iBIXIqG.jpg

Sensor and connector replaced:

zaHVUBz.jpg

Surgery completed!

DsIoyOG.jpg

Great response time by Virpil, now I just have to persuade my wife to let me buying their throttle :)

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

Virpil's support has indeed been awesome as I have used them as well.

I am very pleased with my choice of a VPC stick.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

My joystick arrived today, i tested it only 30-40 minutes, i'm very busy atm

All i can say is WOW

:)

It's 10 times better than the TM WH joystick

I have also received 2 another springs, blue and red ( and some cams )

Are those springs softer or harder than the default one ?

I'm very impressed, this joystick is great, it feels so smooth, precise, light, awesome buttons, hand rest adjustment.

I just love this joystick.

The Virpil throttle is on my list, already :)

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

All i can say is WOW

I'm very impressed, this joystick is great, it feels so smooth, precise, light, awesome buttons, hand rest adjustment.

Congrats!!

Cams:

1 Dot = Hard Center

2 Dot = Soft Center

4 Dot = No Center

Springs:

White = Light

Blue = Medium

Red = Heavy

Don B

All i can say is WOW

Default is medium springs (I have immediately changed mine to light) + soft cams.

Same here about the throttle. Can't wait to see some in-depth preview.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

I'm not sure but I think, default is light springs ( white springs?)

I have 2 more springs, in the little plastic bag, 2 x red and 2 x blue

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I'm not sure but I think, default is light springs ( white springs?)

I have 2 more springs, in the little plastic bag, 2 x red and 2 x blue

At one time the default was medium springs and hard center cams. They may have changed, if you have the white springs installed they are the light springs.

Don B

Can somebodY please explain ...how do you setup all buttons configurations if you are using only handle on tm warthog base...can it be made through tm warthog script program..or is it possible only through game control setings inside dsc world?

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

In both ways, for Warthog base no difference between Warthog grip or T50 grip, is just buttons and HAT's, so can use their keymaper as are used to do.

Or set buttons/HAT's direct in game GUI.

You are that need get used with different button/HAT layout, not keymappers or games. :)

I calibrated the joystick, with the software provided by Virpil ( e-mail )

Here are the results

The sliders aren't in the center, i tried to calibrate it many times.

As I said, i'm confused with the cams / sprinngs.

In the small plastic bag I have 2 cams with 3 dots, 2 cams with 1 dot, 2 red and 2 blue ( light blue :) ) springs

So, which spring do i have it, as default ? White / black ? Light or medium ?

calibrated.thumb.jpg.a282d20a4225399e8848e1d37edf61d3.jpg

Edited by Lenux

Here are the results

In the small plastic bag I have 2 cams with 3 dots, 2 cams with 1 dot, 2 red and 2 blue ( light blue :) ) springs

So they actualy have an unreleased software version?

Here are the results

Medium (Black), blue spring are the soft ones, use them! :-)

Are you sure ?

Someone else here wrote :

Springs:

White = Light

Blue = Medium

Red = Heavy

Are you sure ?

Someone else here wrote :

Springs:

White = Light

Blue = Medium

Red = Heavy

That info came directly from Cyph3r's post in this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3234559&postcount=1244

I had them install the soft springs in my gimbal prior to shipping to me, and the extra springs I had with it were blue and red so I assume my installed soft springs are white.

I suppose they could have changed the color coding somewhere along the way, guess Cyph3r would need to elaborate on that if so.

Don B

Okay, thanks guys

I'll try to change the medium spring with the light one

Does it really make a noticeable difference?

Edited by Lenux

Okay, thanks guys

I'll try to change the medium spring with the light one

Does it really make a noticeable difference?

I thought so at least for me, but also keep in mind this is very much a personal preference thing. For me with the medium springs I just felt it was too stout moving the stick around, felt I had too much resistance whilst I was moving it out toward the edges. I did not feel I could keep the stick moving smoothly all around.

I am happy with the soft springs and soft center cams. It is very soft around center and I have hardly any resistance starting the stick movement. I tuned it also with the pitch and roll spring adjustment screws on top of the base, and got the feel around center just where I like it.

With the three different springs, three different cams, and the adjustment screws on the base, one can really fine tune the stick for what they feel is best for them.

Don B

I remember, you had some troubles a few months ago, dburne, when you first tried to replace the spring ( or cam )

I hope i won't damage the base :D

I remember, you had some troubles a few months ago, dburne, when you first tried to replace the spring ( or cam )

I hope i won't damage the base :D

Yep, that is why I had them install the soft springs and soft center cams on my second gimbal. My first one had a stuck cam screw, and I screwed it up trying to use brute force to get the screw out.

Have a look at this vid for replacing the springs and cams:

Don B