Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Hello Cyph3r, I have another question..

I claim that I have not read all the previous pages so I do not know if it was already done by someone.

Why did your VPC MongoosT-50 Stick not have a support base similar to the Warthog or other high-end peripherals?

By doing so, your customers are obliged to buy your VPC desk mount, or else they have improvised a system to fix the device well.

Do not you think it would be more convenient for customers to equip the peripherals of a broad base like other companies do, so you can place the stick quietly on each desk?

Intel i9-13900K, @5.8GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlatinum, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME ,Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1650W ATX 3.0 , Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Kone Mouse.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Cyph3r, I have another question..

I claim that I have not read all the previous pages so I do not know if it was already done by someone.

Why did your VPC MongoosT-50 Stick not have a support base similar to the Warthog or other high-end peripherals?

By doing so, your customers are obliged to buy your VPC desk mount, or else they have improvised a system to fix the device well.

Do not you think it would be more convenient for customers to equip the peripherals of a broad base like other companies do, so you can place the stick quietly on each desk?

Hi Pelmo, we do plan to release a desktop base plate for the MongoosT-50. However it's a bit too early to give a release date on this. Remember though, this is not what we intended for the MongoosT-50, both the grip and the base are quite tall, so combined it would be quite impractical as a desktop stick!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Pelmo, we do plan to release a desktop base plate for the MongoosT-50. However it's a bit too early to give a release date on this. Remember though, this is not what we intended for the MongoosT-50, both the grip and the base are quite tall, so combined it would be quite impractical as a desktop stick!

Having a metal base similar to Warthog would be great. I understand the whole concept, but it is really not an option for me. Right now with Warthog, I position joystick between my legs on the chair and put legs on top of the flat base. Or alternatively, I've made a small stand I screw the base of the joystick onto and use it either as floor mounted or elevated center mounted similar to just placing it on top of the chair.

I hope you guys do provide either the flat base or at the very lease means to attach the base of the joystick to something (not as it's done tight now near the top, but rather something on the bottom side of the base).

Edited by mx22

Hah! Glad to know I'm not the only tmwh user to do the "sit on the base". I'm fat rhough, so the stick bumping into thigh meat got boring. Worked for a little bit though.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

So I received my grip, extension, and mounts today. Pleased! I unpacked everything, but had a social engagement this evening and haven't had an opportunity to use it yet. I did connect it to my warthog base, just for a quick feel.

Very surprised at the shipping time, much faster than expected!

As far as my 5 minute impression: The grip is incredibly ergonomic, feels great in my hand. Of course it's much lighter than the Warthog grip, being plastic, but it feels very sturdy nevertheless.

Looking forward to playing with it!

For the record, I live in New York. It appears it took 5 days to get to customs here, and then only a day to get delivered to me. My serial number is #27 ;)

Congratulations Dojo...

Now awaiting your detailed review...

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Hah! Glad to know I'm not the only tmwh user to do the "sit on the base". I'm fat rhough, so the stick bumping into thigh meat got boring. Worked for a little bit though.

lol I think there must be quiet a few 'the base sitters' here. I could never get comfortable with Warthog on a side - not sure if it's a height or spring loading or a combination of these two.

i like the way it looks and wanted to purchase but being in the US i would rather have had a paypal option to pay or something other then using my card.

maby in the future.

We've had quite a lot of US orders! Dojo being one of them, who has already received his order :)

When is EU store planned?

1-2 months.

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i like the way it looks and wanted to purchase but being in the US i would rather have had a paypal option to pay or something other then using my card.

maby in the future.

Paypal is evil, they have the worst conversion rates I know of (I deal with many currencies, and travel to 8 or so countries a year, including the US, so I'm fairly familiar with ForEx, in fact, I'm in Thailand right now, Philipphines next week, and the US in the next couple of months), and their cut is significantly larger than even Amex (speaking as a business owner).

Now, disregarding all that... I am genuinely curious re preference for Paypal - and I mean that sincerely. Yes, it is fairly easy, but my credit card providers (Amex, Visa etc) have better insurances and protection than Paypal, not to mention better conversion rates (especially if you have the right card - fee free international transactions).

Now, being US based, I'd have thought you guys would have at least as good as, if not better than us (Australia) card benefits?

Once again, I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, Paypal is a last resort for me, and I am curious what makes it the preferred choice for others (particularly US based folk).

Z....

I pre-ordered the MT-50 stick and couldn't get the payment via VISA card through. So I chose the bank transfer method. Since Belarus is not in the EU and does not use the SEPA bank transfer system, I had to go through a paper-based process. Since Belarus does not have a trading agreement with the EU this is a terrible process. I had to fill in a form with all the details and then still the bank called me and I had to answer some stupid (considering it is just about 300 EUR transaction value) questions and the (French) bank charges me EUR 39.50 for the payment service.

So I hope that VIRPIL will manage to set set up a European site real soon. The bank transfer to Belarus is not an option I would use again. This is not VIRPIL's fault at all; just a result of the poor relationship between Belarus and the EU.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I had exactly the same problem ended up canx the transfer , since found my US debit card works now trying to pay using that method for my old 15% off order.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

The reviews of the base unit guys.... where they at?

Especially from the Thrustmaster warthog users!

I just gotsta know!

A direct warts and all comparison please!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

The reviews of the base unit guys.... where they at?

Especially from the Thrustmaster warthog users!

I just gotsta know!

A direct warts and all comparison please!

The MT-50 base unit won't start shipping until May! No one has one yet :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They have it with the grip or just the grip?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Waiting on reviews guys!

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Hey Cyph3r could you help me?

I placed an order for a grip late last Tuesday night with the faster shipping options but I can only see that the order has been Confirmed and payed for. Any idea´when it will ship?

Thanks.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Hallo,

I have tryed to find some information about the limitations of the base regarding new grips in the future. I mean is the base limited to the button and axis count of the existing T50 grip or are more buttons and axis possible? Is it possible to split the stick into two different HID devices (Base and Grip)? I mean how will DCS/Windows react if you change the grip and the new one has more or less buttons?

This "split" don't make much sense. See:

Windows actually limit HID joystick to 8 axis*, 32 buttons +POV (4 buttons).

* In fact is 12 axis, but 4 axis is reserved to be used as POV - so a joystick can have 4 POV HAT.

- POV HAT is the one that recognized two near buttons simultaneous press as diagonals (don't exist 8 buttons POV HAT as the '"8 way" suggest - BTW the "ways" can be 360).

Modern games (e. DCSW, IL-BoS) can use more than 32 buttons, DCSW is 128, BoS is 64, independent if Windows see the controller limited as 32+HAT.

OK, so:

My guess that VirPil base electronics (MegaMOZG work) is able to handle up to 128 buttons.

So if you replace the grip in T50 base for one with 4 buttons (e.g. KG-13B grip) - like Debolestis did installing B-8 grip in Warthog base - the base recognize and the grip work in games.

T-50 grip has same buttons count that Warthog grip - that is almost the limit of buttons to be practical placed in control grip. E.g. F-35 grip has only a 4 buttons HAT more in place of index button in F-16 grip (or +3 buttons).

But if someone make a "50 buttons" grip based on Shift Register button controller, the T50 base will able to recognize all, the usage will depend on games support, a game that use Windows limit will see only 32+POV HAT.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Hey Cyph3r could you help me?

I placed an order for a grip late last Tuesday night with the faster shipping options but I can only see that the order has been Confirmed and payed for. Any idea´when it will ship?

Thanks.

We're currently working our way through the backlog of orders to ship. You should receive an email when your order has shipped with your tracking number. If you PM your order number I can dig down a bit to see exactly where it's at :)

Hallo,

I have tryed to find some information about the limitations of the base regarding new grips in the future. I mean is the base limited to the button and axis count of the existing T50 grip or are more buttons and axis possible? Is it possible to split the stick into two different HID devices (Base and Grip)? I mean how will DCS/Windows react if you change the grip and the new one has more or less buttons?

The base is absolutely not limited by it's electronics or firmware. mega_mozg (the creator of the VPC electronics, and the famous MMJoy2) has stated that there is no hard limit in the VPC firmware/electronics side regarding the amount of buttons and axes it can handle. Although the most modern Windows will detect is 8 Axes and 128 buttons.

Swapping between the currently compatible grips (TM Warthog, TM Cougar, VPC MongoosT-50) is instantly detected, requiring no firmware updates. But of course due to the different button layouts will require a bit of tweaking in your sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So between swaps, does windows still recognise each individual grip settings too?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

So between swaps, does windows still recognise each individual grip settings too?

Unlikely, since the controller ID will remain the same.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you PM your order number I can dig down a bit to see exactly where it's at :).

Thank you. PM sent. Cant wait to try it out.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.