New vid card with older rig? Anyone?

What is your stress test software? And how do you test?

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/pc-stress-test-free-software

Usually the stress test and benchmarking feature in CPU-Z. I use the temp readouts in Speedfan.

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Just to chime in here. Congrats on your upgrade. This is not your case, but if you are still running an x58 system, you will not see a huge step upgrading to the newer mobo and cpu. From x55 to x99 you get maybe 20% from the results I have seen. Those running x55 have a great chipset still and can score a xeon 6 core chip if their mobo is of qualitry and get amazing oc potential.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The danger with those high memory clocks is not the actual DRAM Voltage but the controller Voltages involved. I think that is how I burned my 6700k, with MSI's applied to high VCC-IO and VCC-SA.

Check those two Voltages, if they are 1.25V+ or about there, watch out !!!

You should LOWER them until you get a non-booting scenario and then UP a lil bit again.

XMP does not tell the motherboard on how to handle all Volatges, just DRAM Voltage is set to 1.35V on DDR4, the rest is up to the board...and that MSI M9 went crazy high in the red arena.

I also run 3000MHz XMP...and the Asus board did it without raising any other Voltages but DRAM 1.35V whereas another review I read today about 7700k on a new MSI board did EXACTLY the same thing at overclockers.com. They lowered them by hand as they said...this will damage the CPU over time.

I wrote intel that if my CPU qualifies for exchange if they can send me a 7700k ( its cheaper, so asking is legitim and wont harm anybody...one can ask ?! ).

My board will leave tomorrow and I tell my vendor to refund me instead of the same board again, then I will get the Z270 Asus Formula with my belowved water cool VRMs....maybe this turns out good after all and I get what I wanted...WC and 5GHz....time will tell, also that board is more than 100€ cheaper than what I have from Asus. Rather WC than external OC Panel II imho.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X