** DCS: AJS-37 WIP Pre-Release Manual Released! **

Cobra847

Hi everyone !

I have found a small mistake page 293 : it says "Disable target motion measurement (address 21, value 1)."

According to the ingame training and to the manual page 257 the correct input to disable target motion measurement should be address 22 (instead of 21), value 1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, Heatblur, I know that you are eager to finish the F-14, but please dont leave this manual as is ... the Viggen deserves a finished manual, as well as the full Campaign. Also, please finish the SPA mode, currently it seems to be half-made :(

I will purchase the F-14 no matter what, but please do finish the Viggen first ... it would allow you to put it on Steam and gather more customers.

Best regards.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am sure it doesn't speed up finishing the Viggen, and for sure this will annoy a few, but I think of NOT buying the F-14. For me it is more important to have the first "non-beta" product. And the Viggen is worth it, in my eyes this is the coolest, most sophisticated and most exciting aircraft in DCS so far.

So for me these points are the most important ones:

1.) Manual update, this shouldn't be to complicate.

2.) A bigger campaign, I am waiting since ... half a year?

3.) Bug fixes are done (just to name only one of them: the performance of the aircraft is still weaker than the real aircraft, especially the acceleration during take-off, as written in a dedicated topic. Other issues still exist.)

I do not like the idea of having a collection of beta-state aircraft.

Somewhen the Viggen MUST be "finished". The community is giving so much into it (I personally stopped efforts after spending much time with the Viggen after its release, due to different reasons). All the work of the community must be seen by the developer, and in a way of awarding this they must continue the work on the Viggen.

Just my personal opinion. :)

If there is something to do for the update / extension / translation of the manual (maybe translating it into german language or something similar like creating screenshots ... please leave a PM). I will most probably have more time in the next few months.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

A manual update is on the list and will be looked at soon.

Thanks, it's in dire need!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

We plan to do all changes in one go and then call it done (obviously some minor changes may still occur) - but it should then be safe for printing.

Alright, sounds good to me :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Are the buttons/switches still not possible to assign to controls (HOTAS etc)?

Please stay on topic. We only talk about the official Viggen manual in here.

Thanks Cobra, I'm glad to know the manual is not forgotten.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I assume from what I’ve read here that there is no manual or campaign with the current Viggen product?

Are there training missions,or are they also missing at the moment?

Sorry about the basic question, but I was considering a purchase.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The manual hasn't been updated since February, so it's probably the same draft that is available in this topic. It's quite comprehensive, but some topics and many pictures are missing.

There are basic training missions, but not for every weapon system. Not sure if they work correctly in the current version.

The rest can be learned from other tutorials and videos on the web, the module has been out for a while so there is plenty to choose from.

No campaign yet.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Thanks for that. It seems rather disappointing that the manual hasn’t been updated for almost a year. Is the module still being developed by Heatblur?

I know we’re going off topic, but are the training missions interactive and voiced?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yes, the module is being updated periodically but at a rather slow pace.

Training missions are interactive, don't remember if voiced or not.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Yes, it's still beeing developed. From yesterdays announcement:

AJS 37 Development Update

While most of your excitement currently revolves around the F-14; we’re still working hard on our post release AJS 37 roadmap.

We’ve recently unveiled some of the bigger, new, free features coming to the Viggen- such as the AI J-35 Draken. We’ve spent a lot of time building this aircraft to the same exacting standard as you’d expect from a flyable DCS module.

THUMB_Draken_01.jpg THUMB_Draken_02.jpg THUMB_Draken_03.jpg

The Draken is an integral part of what we consider to be our AJS 37 Content Push.

The Content push for the Viggen primarily revolves and focuses around the two campaigns that we are working on, which will ship for free for the module. Both campaigns will be set in the Caucasus region, and one campaign will be a short 6 mission “mini campaign”.

Of course, the aircraft itself will be no stranger to expansion and improvements, both in and outside the game. Some of the major changes coming to the Viggen are as follows:

• Major and minor bugs still remaining.

• New, J-35 Draken AI

• An overhaul of the cockpit to take full advantage of PBR BRDF (see F-14 cockpit samples)

• Completely new exterior soundset, accurately recreating the sound of the Volvo RM8 as mounted in the AJS 37 Viggen.

• New Caucasus Mini-Campaign

• New Caucasus Main-Campaign

• New in-cockpit pilot

• Manual imagery and content completion

• New Liveries, including fictional and JA-37 liveries

• More Training Missions

• New Single Player Missions

• More new, secret content!

With these changes and additions, we hope that the AJS 37 will be considered one of the best packages of content available for $59.99. One of our prime goals is to make sure that everything we build is filled to the brim with content. The F-14 will be no different, and we have some exciting announcements to make with regards to the Tomcat as well.

Some of you have expressed concern that the AJS 37 will fall to the wayside with the coming of the F-14. The opposite is actually true. We consider 2018 to be a year where we consolidate both of our products, iron out any remaining flaws in both, and make sure that we can move ahead with a clean and low-intensity (upkeep wise) slate.

THUMB_ViggenPilot_00.jpg THUMB_ViggenPilot_01.jpg

Tornado3 small.jpg

Can I assume from what I’ve read here that there is no manual or campaign with the current Viggen product?

Are there training missions,or are they also missing at the moment?

Sorry about the basic question, but I was considering a purchase.

The Viggen does have a good manual, its still a draft so its missing some illustrations, but all the important ones are there.

There is no Campaign included within the game yet, tough there is an official five mission Mini-Campaign available on the Forum.

There are training missions, cant remember how many, but they are voiced. I actually learned this plane following the excellent videos of xxjohnxx .. a young austrian with a very clear way of explaining and teaching.

The module is curretly on sale at heatblur.com, at 50% discount (us$ 30) and in my opinion is worth every penny :)

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The manual is not good. Most of the illustrations that are included are bad quality and IIRC there are also entire instructions missing.

The mini-campaign available on the forum was just a beta offered for testing IIRC.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is the real manual available for the public?

I think I've seen it somewhere on the forums, but it's in swedish.

Edit: Here you go: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168144

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, I would say it's important to get the Viggen to its final phase with a finished manual and a decent campaign. It was the lack of those that made me give up on it.

This ...^^^

We have paid for a full working product but got 70% of what needs to be updated. 1+ year later all we have seen is another product you want us to purchase for $10. Some training/single player missions would be nice but at I don't expect to see it at any stage.

Let's see what comes first a complete product or my Viggen model build.

FOTKE_015.jpg

dvwdwm

This ...^^^

We have paid for a full working product but got 70% of what needs to be updated. 1+ year later all we have seen is another product you want us to purchase for $10. Some training/single player missions would be nice but at I don't expect to see it at any stage.

Let's see what comes first a complete product or my Viggen model build.

FOTKE_015.jpg

dvwdwm

The aircraft itself is very much close to complete at this point.

If you're expecting any major changes in the Viggen itself, then I'm afraid you'll come away very disappointed.

Some training/single player missions would be nice but at I don't expect to see it at any stage.

This is directly at odds with our roadmap:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199206

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The aircraft itself is very much close to complete at this point.

If you're expecting any major changes in the Viggen itself, then I'm afraid you'll come away very disappointed.

I hope this just means feature complete, as there is quite a good amount of still remaining issues in the bugs subforum that needs to be fixed!

Tornado3 small.jpg