** DCS: AJS-37 WIP Pre-Release Manual Released! **

Cobra847

No. There is no manual included in today's update (unless they hid it really well; it's not in either of the two new AJS37 folders).
Here the same remark, manual not present and we must use the WIP's manual...

Just for fun docs here: http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/customer_service/assembly_instructions.html

Edited by Skulleader

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Leatherneck: Now that the Viggen is mine (yay!), I've re-checked the normal Start procedure, and here are some possible errors I've noticed + some others.

Figure 8 : Shouldn't 16 be the nozzle indicator, and 17 the EGT indicator?

231 : "Release and confirm that lights marked with white are lit" : Half of the lights marked with white are not lit (left panel, right panel). Did I miss something in the procedure?

233 : "FK-light in on": is ?

235 : "When the STARTER SWITCH is set to ON..." : missing comas

236 : The table "Indicator System check" is missing its step number (see page 233).

241 : "280 km/H" and "250 km/H" : no CAPS for hours (km/h)

242 : "the aircraft accelerates very quickly in which maximum allowed airspeed..." : I don't understand the complete sentence. Is it wrong, or that's just me?

242 : "Flight should be planned with at least a 10% remaining on touchdown." : 10% fuel remaining?

242 : "with a minimum airspeed of 12°" : corresponding to 12°?

242 : "Check indicated airspeed at 1 G that a reasonable value for current weight. " : is a reasonable value ?

244 : "of doing to" : of doing so

244 : "by the altitude warning light on the..." : unfinished sentence

245 : "The aircraft can by using thrust reversal..." : missing comas

246 : "and an altitude < 100 metres AGL the LOWNAV" : missing coma

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I was looking at the Viggen manual, and I guess I know why its engine is very fuel efficient.

It has 2 fan stages plus 4 low pressure compressors and 7 high pressure compressors (i.e 11 stages of compressors). The RM-8A isn't a high bypass engine, However, for a fighter engine, it is, its bypass ratio is very high compared to other aircraft like the F/A-18 Hornet.

The F404 has a bypass ratio of 0.34:1, the Viggen, has a bypass ratio of 0.97:1! that's a lot, other example is the Pratt and Whitney F100-PW-220 (F-15Cs engine) which has a bypass ratio of 0.63:1.

Also the RM-8A produces a lot of thrust, in afterburner, zone 3, it's almost 116kN of thrust! For a single engine aircraft, that's also a lot. That's why the Viggen performance is amazing.

I know the AJS-37 is an attack aircraft... just to make sure :D

Is there a simple start engines command ala rwim HOME in the Viggen or only full start available? Thanks.

Los

If you only want to fly it and use none of the gizmos than its really just three four clicks. Power, fuel, generator, starter. Move throttle, wait half a minute and your good to go. Set master mode to NAV and you even get a hud

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-A510F eszközömről

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

The Viggen is not listed, neither under A - as in AJS-37, nor under V - as in Viggen or under Stridsflygplan...:D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi Everyone!

We're really excited to share with you, the first public draft of the AJS-37 Manual!

Those of you who will be flying the Viggen, will be spending plenty of time with this document; and we hope we have been able to adequately and appropriately cover the aircraft and its' assorted systems.

This version of the manual is still a work in progress, and comes with some caveats

• A few items/topics are missing

• Spelling and grammatical issues are likely

• Various images are missing

..and probably some other various errors, inconsistencies and missing items.

That said, feedback is still greatly appreciated!

>>AJS-37 DRAFT MANUAL<<

Happy reading!

LS

Hi Cobra, in light of the fact that we won't be getting any Viggen fixes this week, is there any chance you guys can release the updated version of the manual on here instead of us having to wait for the next patch?

EDIT: Spoke too soon, 1.5.6 updates inbound :D

Edited by BritTorrent

May I suggest that you use chapter numbers while in beta? That would ease the spotting for both reporting and fixing stuff. :thumbup:

More error reporting to come, by the way, but I'll wait for the new version.

• 3 weeks later...

@Leatherneck: I have a lot more things to report. I'll just put them here with the 'old' page numbers. If you happen to release a new version of the manual before taking those into account, I'll change the page numbers.

In the meantime:

247, step 7 : check that TILS is locked (TILS light lit) and used : how do I know it is "used"?

247, step 11 : Check that the TILS is locked (TILS light solid) : again?

247, step 13 : On the descent command follow the glide path : missing coma

247, step 14 : If desired set AFK mode 3 : missing coma

247, step 15 : On touchdown follow : missing coma

248 : Cycle runway headings by pressing once or multiple times : OK, but which key shall I press?

248 : On passing LF no automatic waypoint change occurs : missing coma

248 : First after a 90° turn : first what?

251 : In the case that the base (start or landing) the real (not magnetic) runway heading is entered in degrees (3 digits) is entered on the base (LS or L1). : I don't understand that sentence.

251 : For inputting TILS channels, this is entered on the 5th and 6th next to the runway heading. : I'd rather start the sentence this way : "TILS channel is entered on..."

252 : Doppler-derived wing : wind

253 : Input of reconnaissance targets ... is done input LO/LA followed my pressing : by entering LO/LA followed by

254, picture, step 3 : Calculated time error accoding : according

254, picture, step 5 : Current time in LS is pressed : if

254, picture, step 6 : Time on target on waypoint if a target wayooint is pressed : or waypoint?

255 : If an ingress speed from a waypoint to waypoint B1-B9, input a Mach number : I don't understand the begining.

255 : Entered Mach number lasts until the next ingress waypoint or to the waypoint after the last target waypoint. : until ?

256 : Targets waypoints are defined : Target waypoints

256 : Multiple target waypoint can be set : waypoints

259 : the system will mostly operate automatically, but required : requires

259 : After “clearing” while loading the data cartridge and data input sets the start base waypoint LS as a destination. : I don't understand the sentence.

259 : After take-off from LS the system automatically : missing coma

259 : On the destination an E is displayed instead of B, M or L. : missing "indicator" + missing coma

260 : in mode AKT POS / OUT (normal position) the position : missing "estimated" + missing coma

260 : (12 o’clock position. : missing parenthesis

260 : On the HUD and ADI vertical flight director needle the current course : missing coma

260 : the current course deviation is shown.) : remove parenthesis

260 : On the distance indicator the current distance : missing coma

260 : The estimated position error is indicated on the last digit : In km? And on how much digits?

260 : This is estimated on the navigation usage and time elapsed. : elapsed time?

260 : On the Central Indicator (CI) the next waypoint : missing coma

260 : an alternating boundary lines is entered : alternate?

260 : If the light NAVSYST is lit : "If the NAVSYST light is lit"?

263 : is indicated by that the known waypoint : wait, what?

263 : to the first detent (t1) : missing capital T (T1)

263 : The cross marker and waypoint circle is moved : are

263, steps 1 to 4 : the border is missing (example page 259)

263 : (only waypoint circle in using memory mode) : when using

264 : Fixes can be mode in memory mode. : made

264 : The picture will fade in 30 seconds : Is the radar display paused for 30 seconds? If yes, it would be nice to say so.

264 : is dived into two steps : divided

264 : One press of the RENSA (CLEAR) button : on ?

264 : The Radar Memory mode fix and Clearing of fixes sections are repeated.

266 : is for the entire airspeed envelope is : This sentence ain't big enough for the both of is :smilewink:

266 : Mach 0.85 : Mach > 0.85

More to follow. :thumbup:

And here's the following:

266 : Please refer to the “properties in transonic and high Mach speeds section below : move the quote character

266 : That is the time of turn is longer : missing coma after "that is"

266 : as with M <1.0 it is required : missing coma

266 : This leads to that the control surfaces may not deflect : to that?

266 : where after the for higher Mach numbers : ??

266 : on the control stick the neutral position : missing coma

267 : In yaw the exchange between : missing coma

267 : Especially noticeable is with the dynamic properties and this makes it possible : I don't understand the sentence.

267 : With flight in mode SPAK the difference : missing coma

268 : The yay stability in transonic speed : yaw man! :smilewink:

268 : When extending the airbrake : airbrakes?

268 : Due to this, the airbrake : airbrakes?

268 : the airbrake ≥ M 0.92 cannot be extended : you mean "the airbrakes cannot be extended when ≥ M 0.92"?

268 : within transonic airspeeds (M 0.85 – 1.03) certain pitch trim changes : missing coma

268 : At low altitudes a slight, nose-down pitch trim that begins with M 0.85 and at 0.95 transitions to a nose-up trim change. : messed up sentence? + misplaced coma

268 : At medium-high to high altitudes : missing coma

268 : a moderate nose-down begins : missing "trim" before nose-down?

269 : The aircraft in unstable in airspeed below : if?

269 : This lead to a large portion : leads

269 : is used up during normal approaches : being used up?

269 : corresponding to α 15.5 the thrust excess : missing coma

269 : However, if the maximum weight is above 14000 kg (for airspeed corresponding to α 15.5) is insufficient. : missing ", the thrust" is insufficient?

269 : Thereby landings at 15.5° is prohibited : "landing is" or "landings are" (also, the sentence contains three times the word "landing" ; that's weird)

269 : During landings the pilot : missing coma

269 : Remove the "z" above "Load factor > 1 G."

269 : Very tight turns can be with the aircraft : missing verb

269 : but requires large amounts of thrust : missing "this" before "requires"?

269 : in order to note lose excessive airspeed : to not lose (or not to lose)

269 : at high g-load the pilot should : missing coma

270 : Aerobatic is easily : aerobatics?

270 : easily performed in the aircraft : aboard or with the aircraft?

270 : at high angle angles of attack : repetition

270 : requires large amounts of thrust : it requires? (+ missing coma)

274 : The index is incomplete.

275 : I'm wondering if page 274 is useful: page 275 contains the same info, only more detailed.

277 : Each position may select multiple types, but due to possible weapon configurations will not clash. : I don't get it. What's the subject of the verb to clash?

277 : The master mode can be during weapons employment be set either : This sentence is messed up.

279 : the weapons status will displayed in the following situations : will be displayed?

That's all for now.

Edited by Flappie

@Leatherneck : Hi there, here's a new batch. I also have a couple of questions, but the other players might as well know the answers.

279 : On the indicator on the data panel the current stores status can be displayed : missing coma

279 : With the IN/ OUT selector in position OUT in any other mode than ID-NR the weapons status will : missing coma

279 : Separation failure after firing : There are two lines. Shouldn't they be merged?

281 : its range to target based on in a number : remove "in"?

281 : is pointing relative to the horizon : relatively?

281 : in precision release (sub mode of dive bombing) sight calculation begins : missing coma

281 : For level release of bombs the triangulation : missing coma

281 : when the master mode ANF : "when in"

281 : independent of the sight angle : independently? + missing coma

281 : be hovering around 0°. t : Remove the "t"

281 : the radar will determine the more or less the exact distance : remove the useless "the"

282 : the computer will calculate the firing solution : It looks like the beginning of a new sentence, but it misses a point and a capital "T".

283 : Below the different HUD elements of the aiming modes are detailed. : missing coma

283 : Note that that some : remove the useless "that"

283 : In the different mode: modes

284 : The sight ring is 0.5° in diameter : diameter or increment?

287 : The rockets can be employed in two main modes, either the normal mode in master mode ANF [1], a “quick” mode in NAV [2], or the long range mode [3]. : Doesn't that make three modes instead of two?

293 : Normal ranges checklist : range?

293 : the reticule in on the target : is (in ARAK/AKAN Nomal ranges checklist)

293 : the reticule in on the target : is (in ARAK Long range checklist)

293 : is less than 5° the distance : missing coma

293 : of 1400 m is used which will have : missing coma

293 : ranging is disables : "disabled"

294 : The weapons can also be in master mode NAV. : "be used"?

294 : Target motion measurement and radar ranging is not used : "are not"

295 : Remove the lonely dot, under the figure legend.

295 : Bomb are mainly : bombs

295 : The bomb are : bombs

295 : Bombs will be released in entire loads in salvo modes : "or in"?

295 : the fragment area : fragments?

297 : , Steering order flashes : "steering", without the capital S

297 : and stores released (FÄLLD LAST) lit : "is lit"

297 : From step 2 to 11, texts are misaligned with the picture.

298 : Level release checklist is missing steps numbers.

298 : If the trigger is released before the stores released (FÄLLD LAST) light is lit / steering order blinks in the HUD the release will be aborted. : I'm not sure I understand the sentence. Can you simplify it, please?

298 : On firing in mode ANF an automatic target fix is made : missing coma

298 : Remove the empty bullet.

299 : Only barometric altitude is used for the sight calculations and displayed in the HUD. : I find this sentence unclear. What is displayed in the HUD? The barometric altitude or the sight calculation?

298-299 : Is weapon selector called "BOMB PLAN" (p.290) or just "PLAN" (p.289)? Are they two different modes?

301 : The figure legend is missing its font style.

306 : Fire between the earliest (flashing distance line) and latest (firing signal) range indication. : "range indications"?

306 : and the trigger unsafe the “quick release” mode is : missing coma

Question 1 : What exactly is sight depression? I don't get it.

Question 2 : About direct release bombing mode : How is the flight leader determined by the avionics? Are there some sort of datalink IDs, like in the Ka-50? The page 298 says nothing about it.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 2

@Leatherneck : Hi there, here's a new batch. I also have a couple of questions, but the other players might as well know the answers.

279 : On the indicator on the data panel the current stores status can be displayed : missing coma

279 : With the IN/ OUT selector in position OUT in any other mode than ID-NR the weapons status will : missing coma

279 : Separation failure after firing : There are two lines. Shouldn't they be merged?

281 : its range to target based on in a number : remove "in"?

281 : is pointing relative to the horizon : relatively?

281 : in precision release (sub mode of dive bombing) sight calculation begins : missing coma

281 : For level release of bombs the triangulation : missing coma

281 : when the master mode ANF : "when in"

281 : independent of the sight angle : independently? + missing coma

281 : be hovering around 0°. t : Remove the "t"

281 : the radar will determine the more or less the exact distance : remove the useless "the"

282 : the computer will calculate the firing solution : It looks like the beginning of a new sentence, but it misses a point and a capital "T".

283 : Below the different HUD elements of the aiming modes are detailed. : missing coma

283 : Note that that some : remove the useless "that"

283 : In the different mode: modes

284 : The sight ring is 0.5° in diameter : diameter or increment?

287 : The rockets can be employed in two main modes, either the normal mode in master mode ANF [1], a “quick” mode in NAV [2], or the long range mode [3]. : Doesn't that make three modes instead of two?

293 : Normal ranges checklist : range?

293 : the reticule in on the target : is (in ARAK/AKAN Nomal ranges checklist)

293 : the reticule in on the target : is (in ARAK Long range checklist)

293 : is less than 5° the distance : missing coma

293 : of 1400 m is used which will have : missing coma

293 : ranging is disables : "disabled"

294 : The weapons can also be in master mode NAV. : "be used"?

294 : Target motion measurement and radar ranging is not used : "are not"

295 : Remove the lonely dot, under the figure legend.

295 : Bomb are mainly : bombs

295 : The bomb are : bombs

295 : Bombs will be released in entire loads in salvo modes : "or in"?

295 : the fragment area : fragments?

297 : , Steering order flashes : "steering", without the capital S

297 : and stores released (FÄLLD LAST) lit : "is lit"

297 : From step 2 to 11, texts are misaligned with the picture.

298 : Level release checklist is missing steps numbers.

298 : If the trigger is released before the stores released (FÄLLD LAST) light is lit / steering order blinks in the HUD the release will be aborted. : I'm not sure I understand the sentence. Can you simplify it, please?

298 : On firing in mode ANF an automatic target fix is made : missing coma

298 : Remove the empty bullet.

299 : Only barometric altitude is used for the sight calculations and displayed in the HUD. : I find this sentence unclear. What is displayed in the HUD? The barometric altitude or the sight calculation?

298-299 : Is weapon selector called "BOMB PLAN" (p.290) or just "PLAN" (p.289)? Are they two different modes?

301 : The figure legend is missing its font style.

306 : Fire between the earliest (flashing distance line) and latest (firing signal) range indication. : "range indications"?

306 : and the trigger unsafe the “quick release” mode is : missing coma

Question 1 : What exactly is sight depression? I don't get it.

Question 2 : About direct release bombing mode : How is the flight leader determined by the avionics? Are there some sort of datalink IDs, like in the Ka-50? The page 298 says nothing about it.

Hey, nice work with all the fixes!

Regarding direct release mode. I think you might be misreading it, it doesn't mean that the flight leader somehow releases your bombs, or marks your targets for example.

Essentially, you'd form up on the flight leader. In close formation. The flight leader would handle aiming the bombs and flying the ingress, you'd just stick to his wing. When he releases his bombs, you'd release your bombs at exactly the same time using direct release mode.

Formation bombing basically. Not terribly accurate but useful for blanketing a wide area, if you had four Viggens releasing at the same time you could do a lot of damage. Would probably be used against large, sprawling targets like a troop concentration or a harbour for example.

I'm not entirely sure it was used that often in the Viggen. It seems to be a holdover from the Lansen days when only one aircraft in the flight would be equipped with a radar. That guy would handle navigation and aiming, and the rest of the flight would stick to him and release when he says. Seeing as the Viggen had a much more complex navigation suite, and had access to precision weapons and aiming modes, formation bombing doesn't seem as effective as it once was.

If anybody else knows more information feel free to correct me, but I think that's about right.

Hope that helps!

Edited by BritTorrent

Flappie, you're a warrior!

Ahah ! :smartass: You have no idea! I read the manual on my smartphone when I go to/go back from work, on the train.

If I'm a warrior, then I shall be named

!

Hey, nice work with all the fixes!

Regarding direct release mode. I think you might be misreading it, it doesn't mean that the flight leader somehow releases your bombs, or marks your targets for example.

Essentially, you'd form up on the flight leader. In close formation. The flight leader would handle aiming the bombs and flying the ingress, you'd just stick to his wing. When he releases his bombs, you'd release your bombs at exactly the same time using direct release mode.

Formation bombing basically. Not terribly accurate but useful for blanketing a wide area, if you had four Viggens releasing at the same time you could do a lot of damage. Would probably be used against large, sprawling targets like a troop concentration or a harbour for example.

I'm not entirely sure it was used that often in the Viggen. It seems to be a holdover from the Lansen days when only one aircraft in the flight would be equipped with a radar. That guy would handle navigation and aiming, and the rest of the flight would stick to him and release when he says. Seeing as the Viggen had a much more complex navigation suite, and had access to precision weapons and aiming modes, formation bombing doesn't seem as effective as it once was.

If anybody else knows more information feel free to correct me, but I think that's about right.

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot ! I get it.

Then I'd like to ask for a little change on page 298 :

No sight display is used and release is made [manually,] on the command of the formation leader.

@Leatherneck: here's another batch.

307 : A relative inaccuracy method : inaccurate?

310 : Texts are misaligned with the figure.

310 : FÄLLD LAST : missing parenthesis

310 : Trigger safe.ttttt : remove useless letters

311 : In Toss mode the pilot : missing coma

312 : Texts are misaligned with the figure.

312 : Markers on distance line appears : appear

312 : At around 12- 15° climb the bombs : missing coma

313 : FÄLLD LAST : missing parenthesis

313 : the trigger unsafe the NAV release mode : missing coma

314 : against point single ground targets : remove point?

314 : After the trigger in set to : is

314 : The missiles activates : missile

314 : After firing the missile will : missing coma

316 : The missile even track: tracks

316 : [insert picture of ingame display] : TODO

318 : The will activate : This? Unless a word is missing after "the"?

319 : The aircraft can carry up to 8 bombs using the same bomb rack for the M/71 high explosive bombs. : we're talking about illumination bombs, here. Replace for by as?

322 : and trigger unsafe the same : missing coma

322 : Relase can be made against all waypoint types : against or over?

323 : Missile is a designed to : it's a me, Mario! :D

323 : The missile can be released at between 50 – 425 metres altitude. : remove at?

323 : transports or landing craft : crafts? (happens twice in the page)

323 : Grouped targets is selected... : grouped targets mode?

323 : If the aircraft s : is

323 : and trigger is unsafe the altitude warning light : Coma

323 : What about the possibility that missiles aim at the same ship?

Fantastic that this jet is now in NTTR.

Looking forward to this manual being finished... what a superb jet this is.. so clunky and solid.

Steam gauges galore!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

@Leath... uh... @Heatblur: Hi fellows, here are some more manual fixes and questions. Have a nice weekend! ;)

324 : if trigger is set to safe : SAFE (capitals)

324 : is lit there is a risk : missing coma

324 : occurs which is : missing coma

325 : A sophisticated seeker system and features a programmable navigation system : the sentence is all wrong

327 : a third missile is selected : a third mode + missing ":"

327 : IMPULS (Impulse : missing parenthesis

327 : "Coordinate input" title : Coordinates

327 : been defined they will : missing coma

327 : are displayed in the same manner are manually entered points : as?

327 : It is possible at all times to define any of the waypoints : except when missiles are already launched, right?

328 : Normally the first target waypoint : that is, Bx6? If yes, you should name it.

328 : Release speed : replace ":" with . (or the other way around)

328 : In other words, the time of target becomes … : I think this sentence is all wrong. I really don't get it.

328 : maintains it release altitude : its

328 : (to avoid waves) : missing dot at the end of the sentence

329 : Search altitude : remove first occurence

329 : Boundary lines are parallel to the centreline and is used to electonically block : are

329 : block contact outside of this line : these lines?

330 : whithin 3km of each other : is that a 3km diameter circle or 3km on an axis?

331 : towards its target at 10 metres : "at an altitude of" 10 metres?

331 : where the missile will self-destruct if the missile is still flying. : if it is

332 : 0002 : the font of this line is different

332 : *STD in bold : if STD is 0000, as stated earlier, why is 0002 bold?

Question about 332 : I don’t understand how to use the table. Which bit are we talking about, among the 6 digits? And why so many STD?

332 : There are 8 empty cells at the end of the table.

334 : the maximum release distance and the minimum distance : the maximum and minimm release distance?

335 : The altitude warning light... and the time / distance line... is used to warn the pilot : are

335 : to warn the pilot and indications : and give indications?

335 : (primary pitot system) : missing dot at the end of the sentence

335 : Target position (Bx not defined : is not defined

335 : the release in inhibited : is

335 : The RB 15 positions can : RB 15 programmed positions?

336 : When the self-destruct point is where the missile : remove "when"?

336 : If the missile is still flying when it self-destruct on reaching this point. : I don't get it, the sentence is all wrong.

336 : On the HUD the time : missing coma

338 : does not necessarily be pointed : need to be

339 : altitude is can be set the : remove is and the

341 : In this example, the aircraft has two BK 90 dispenser pods attached and is fired singly at two different target areas. : replace "and is" by "that are"?

Figure 213 : target centepoint : center point?

342 : If this the time : remove this

342 : the makers will flash : markers

342 : will soon not be met : add anymore?

342 : 3 second criterion : 3 seconds? or 3-second?

342 : the makers will flash : markers (yes, it happens twice on this page)

342 : 3 second position : 3 seconds? 3-second?

Figure 215 : Markers appear. and continuous : remove dot, add coma

Figure 215 : Time line appears when the 30 until... : when the 30... what?

Figure 215 : Time / distnace : distance

345 : all the pod : pods

Figure 216 : Weapon flight paths : path

345 : Impulse (single) : IMPULS

346 : Fly between the 50 - 500 metres AGL : remove the?

346 : until all weapons released : are released?

Edited by Flappie

Almost there...

347 : the an elevation indicator : remove the or an

349 : when the … time / distance line : remove useless carriage returns

350 : The RB 05A can a be used in an air-to-air capacity. : remove a + wrong word? it has the air-to-air capacity, but it can be used in an air-to-air... combat?

350 : On the relative airspeed between the aircraft. : ...and the missile?

350 : What differs the air to air to: What the air to air differs from?

351 : when the either : remove the

351 : Remove useless figures for lines 9 and 10.

351 : Rescaling of the distance… : wrong ending of sentence?

352 : The AJS- 37 : remove space

352 : Sidewinder, the older : replace coma by ":"

352 : With and whitout : or

352 : is sensitivity of the seeker : is the sensitivity?

352 : where it can lock : as

352 : like a-aspect : what is this?

352 : title "Seeker uncage" : uncaging?

352 : is restricted to being displaced : is constrained?

Figure 219 : Title says "Rb05" but chapter is about IR missiles

354 : is first possible after : why first?

354 : was been passed : has been passed

354 : (500m) : missing dot at the end of the sentence

354 : Rescaling of the distance… : wrong ending of sentence?

357 : a special display mode in the Central Indicator (CI) mode SPA. : SPA mode?

357 : This is a in : a what?

357 : of a entered patrol : an

357 : patrol area RUTA : is "RUTA" well placed in that sentence?

357 : any other shaped based on : shape

357 : corner points ("R") : missing dot at the end of the sentence

357 : When changing from mode SPA the previous : missing coma

357 : the previous waypoint that was the destination : the waypoint that was the previous destination

357 : The display is also changed… : I don’t understand the sentence.

359 : The purpose sub-mode : The purpose of the sub-mode?

359 : by default setting : remove default? (not sure)

359 : Discovered targets can be measured : do we measure discovered targets or distance to discovered targets?

359 : for an existing coordinate : an existing waypoint?

359 : a new coordinate : new coordinates

360 : Visual fixes are made… : I don’t understand the sentence

360 : and using making : pick one! :smilewink:

362 : The purpose Target Tracking : the puprose of

362 : the course and speed for discovered targets : of?

362 : in a separate data layer SKU : SKU data layer?

362 : for nine separate targets : different targets?

362 : In mode SPA/SKU only : missing coma

362 : A target in the layer : in the SKU layer?

362 : selected by with the data selector : remove by

362 : in mode AKT POS pressing : by pressing

362 : In mode SPA/SKU fixes : missing coma

362 : are prepared by in : remove by

362 : 0.6 Hz this means : missing coma

362 : is solid the SKU : missing coma

362 : the target ships course : ship's course?

365 : Normally pressing the RENSA : missing coma

365 : in that the fixes being cleared : remove that? (not sure)

365 : in mode SPA, the button has… : this should be a new sentence

365 : (Recce target measurement) : recce + missing coma

365 : by entering 0 manually : which mode for data indicator? shall we noly type 0, or shall we confirm using the LS button?

365 : (recce target tracking) : missing coma

365 : With the data selector in mode VIND… : remove useless space + middle of sentence is all wrong ("are display RUTA"?)

365 : data selector in in modes : is in mode

365 : VIND, RUTA/MÄL, and TID : or?

365 : by pressing the RENSA button while airborne in mode SPA / MÅL selected. : remove selected, add and after "airborne"?

365 : "fix timestamps" is written several times in the manual : shouldn't it be timestamp fixes?

365 : Input TID paragraph: I don’t understand the first sentence.

Edited by Flappie

And here are my last remarks for this version of the manual:

366 : in the destination indicators second digits : indicator's second digit

366 : change to the warned target : replace to by away from?

366 : in the one of two ways : in one of these two ways?

367 : centre points for the patrol square : of the patrol square?

367 : number on the data panel : the sentence is missing its final dot

367 : Timestamps for… : Readout of timestamps + missing dot

369 : (LT- KRAN=: : (LT-KRAN)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Please, Heatblur, I know that you are eager to finish the F-14, but please dont leave this manual as is ... the Viggen deserves a finished manual, as well as the full Campaign. Also, please finish the SPA mode, currently it seems to be half-made :(

I will purchase the F-14 no matter what, but please do finish the Viggen first ... it would allow you to put it on Steam and gather more customers.

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks at Heatblur, I hope things are going well for you all, and for the Viggen completion process. I'd like to translate the whole manual into French, but it first needs to be fixed.

I have a question about page 338 : the manual says one can release the BK-90 at a speed of Mach 0.6. Isn't the mimimum speed Mach 0.7?