Possible console commands or ways to bypass missions?

TylerTheHottie

I thought I would try the basic flight qualification missions that DCS provided as a module. The thing is they honestly seem put together very poorly and they seem very buggy. I cant make it past the first mission which is startup, taxi and shut down because besides the one time I forgot to flick one switch and failed the whole mission, Ive done everything they want me to only for the mission to get stuck...that is nothing happens and there is no more direction. It is very frustrating because I have to spend all the time to start up and taxi just to have the mission give me no further instructions or grades after I shutdown at the end. I just wanna make it to the other lessons but I have to get past this buggy mission first and it wont let me. Is there a way to bypass or force a mission complete or something????

Well u can select and play the 2. mission directly from the mission instead of the campaign menu if im not mistaken.

The campaign also comes with practice versions of each of the official campaign missions that start you with air starts so you don't have to start up the aircraft each time if you just want to practice the core of the training mission.

They are located in the same folder as the campaign missions and have "Practice" in the mission name. I copied and pasted the practice missions into my default mission folder for quick easy access.

I also share your frustration with the missions, BUT they are worth it and will TEST you on proper knowledge. They don't really teach you anything IMHO, just test you. The commentary during the missions is mostly just filler on the test. You ideally should know how and where to learn the information you need to know to pass the missions and play them over and over and make your own lists of what you need to do for each one.

The included checklists and mission data info is pretty lacking... 1. the required info is generally there for each mission though you have to dig for it. 2. The amplified checklist is a mishmash of reality and simulation details. It's really confusing as well what I'd consider incomplete. It doesn't cover everything you can do in the sim but also includes a bunch of things that you don't need.

With most checklists for this sim though I really do like having the extra reality based steps as it increases immersion, but I do wish such items where highlighted with an asterisk or something so that you can know it has no impact on the simulation.

Lobo's Checklist includes only the things that impact the sim and doesn't include things you can't do or are not modeled insofar as I know, but it was made in 2011, not sure how up to date it is or if there are any current discrepancies. I generally like it.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

All this said... I have about 7 different checklists from different people/groups/the manual and refer to all of them. :/ There's a lot to this sim and no one covers all the info the same way or the way that I would want it presented exactly. And for some things, I've compiled my own checklists.