Can we have more indications to damaged systems?

T_A

Alot of times when i`m hit or after a bad landing i can lose some systems , but as far as the warning lights go - everything is OK , no RED/Yellow lights , not even the master caution lights.

i`m not talking about damage model , just cockpit indication of damage.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At the moment there are very few things that get damaged, i was wondering if this will change in the future. I got hit multiple times and every time i always loose radar, nosecone, sometimes RWR and you get some increase in drag and that's about it. Never do you get any lights up. I was wondering if maybe razbam plans to add some hydraulic failures, computer malfunctions, fbw failure, etc. As right now this module is seriously lacking in the damage department.

Almost all the master caution/warning lights are functional. The main problem is that most of the devices they are tied up are buried in the aircraft frame and are actually quite resilient.

We know they get damage, because in our debug logs we get the list of damaged components, but the damage is so low that they do not trip the warning/caution threshold. For example:

• Oil caution/warning are not lit unless the oil qty falls below 25% or the pressure falls below 18 bars.

• Hydraulic pressure is not only triple redundant but it is also self healing. One pump can power both main hydraulic circuits if need be and you won't get a failure notification if a pump fails. Only if the pressure fails on a given circuit.

Same with electrical power. It is extremely hard to lose all power.

Basically, you have to lose the engine to start seeing these warning lights turn on as the engine shuts down.

And there are systems that get damaged that do not have any caution/warning light, like the radar. You get a HUD/VTB warning but no specific light.

And thus like that the warning/caution panel is dark most of the time for as long as the engine is working and powering everything.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Almost all the master caution/warning lights are functional. The main problem is that most of the devices they are tied up are buried in the aircraft frame and are actually quite resilient.

We know they get damage, because in our debug logs we get the list of damaged components, but the damage is so low that they do not trip the warning/caution threshold. For example:

• Oil caution/warning are not lit unless the oil qty falls below 25% or the pressure falls below 18 bars.

• Hydraulic pressure is not only triple redundant but it is also self healing. One pump can power both main hydraulic circuits if need be and you won't get a failure notification if a pump fails. Only if the pressure fails on a given circuit.

Same with electrical power. It is extremely hard to lose all power.

Basically, you have to lose the engine to start seeing these warning lights turn on as the engine shuts down.

And there are systems that get damaged that do not have any caution/warning light, like the radar. You get a HUD/VTB warning but no specific light.

And thus like that the warning/caution panel is dark most of the time for as long as the engine is working and powering everything.

Thanks that is very interesting, this aircraft is very strong :)

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Thanks for the explanation Zeus.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay, the logic is correctly done.... And how is then the damage model to trigger those?

Like what level of damage is required to get oil pressure below 18 Bars?

Is it enough to cut a oil pipe somewhere or something? As 20-30mm HE will do a massive hole to aircraft where it is hitting....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Okay, the logic is correctly done.... And how is then the damage model to trigger those?

Like what level of damage is required to get oil pressure below 18 Bars?

Is it enough to cut a oil pipe somewhere or something? As 20-30mm HE will do a massive hole to aircraft where it is hitting....

Since the oil refers to the engine oil, then you need to damage the engine.

Currently:

With engine at 70% health you get a small oil leak: you will lose the oil in about 2 hours.

With engine at 60% health you get a major oil leak: you get 30 minutes oil.

With engine at 65% health you lose all engine oil.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Hydraulic (...). One pump can power both main hydraulic circuits if need be

Errr... not exactly, sorry Zeus. Circuits 1 & 2 are independent.

Sure, you still can fly the jet with one of them only (flight controls use dual input); but you'll loose pressure (and get the light) on the affected circuit (and loose some non-life-threatening features).

and you won't get a failure notification if a pump fails. Only if the pressure fails on a given circuit.

On that, you're perfectly right :)

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Was practicing today a simple mission in the mission editor (start in the air). Have selected an alternator 1 failure (after 1 min. - within 1 min - 100 % failure probability), no master caution and warning light came up.

After terminating the mission, in the event list the failure was listed.

Something i found out as well is that after i got hit a few days by and r27 frontally, radar was out and rwr, but i also noticed that in the mirror i could see the canopy glass smashed, although in normal FOV you could not see it.

And i was also wondering if some sort of cockpit vibration will be introduced because i could never get a cockpit shake under any conditions.

• 4 months later...

Just to bump this, any news on getting an improvement over the damage received by the m2k ? In terms of systems and their indication on the panel. It is really bugging me this thing sorry to bring up over and over again but in mp it sometimes brings an unfair advantage over the other planes.