Can't fire rockets

Frost15

Hey guys, I just got the mirage yesterday and I can't seem to be able to fire the rockets. I do the following:

1. Master arm to ARME

2. Select RK3 on the PCA

3. Radar to EM

4. Turn on TAS/RS (tried both)

5. Radar alt power to M

Tried firing... to no avail.

Am I missing a step, or are rockets broken?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

"Any landing you can walk away from is one you'll be criticized on in some way"

~Me

I had 2 pods on the outers with snakeeyes on the rest of the pylons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

That would be the issue, try without the snakeeyes. I think you can't mix different types of bombs nor mix bomb and rockets, the computer only supports one type.

Also if you load 4 pods of rockets, if only half of them go off it is not a bug, you need to select both EXT and INT ;)

This is my procedure:

1) radar power - EM

2) Master Arm - on

3) select RK3 on PCA

4) make sure TAS is selected

5) fire!

I thought there was a time you had to set the bomb fuze selector on the PPA to INST but that does not appear to be necessary any more.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Also, you should never mix weapons. If you have RK3 on outside pylons then either keep the inner pylons empty or put rockets on there as well

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Actually when you select rk3 make sure you set up the external pylons. Press ext on the panel. With your load out the Pca tries to default to interior pylons even if they aren't armed

It doesn't matter - if you have only one pair of pods then always select both EXT and INT, this way you're sure it will fire allright.

Selecting INT or EXT exclusively only makes sense when you have 4 pods and you want to save ammo.