Elevated Heart rate and Sweaty Palms!

Hawkeye60

So as 2016 passes into 2017, I was reflecting on what DCS World has brought into my life this past year.

A new PC and Rift JUST for DCS!

Many new and soon to come aircraft. (Hurry up Jan 27! )

However, what it all comes down to for me is,

After most missions (or flights for that matter),

IF I make a successful landing,

no matter the aircraft, (I do own them all),

I always find I have a elevated heart rate and sweaty palms!:D

It is not from the heat!

That is the crux of it.

Especially in VR. Mind Blowing.

Driving cars in VR comes close but nothing matches that feeling, (or sweat!) I get from this simulator.

Elevated Heart Rate and Sweaty Palms!

So Thank You ED Team!

May the feeling last well into 2020 and beyond!

Happy New Year!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

So as 2016 passes into 2017, I was reflecting on what DCS World has brought into my life this past year.

A new PC and Rift JUST for DCS!

Many new and soon to come aircraft. (Hurry up Jan 27! )

However, what it all comes down to for me is,

After most missions (or flights for that matter),

IF I make a successful landing,

no matter the aircraft, (I do own them all),

I always find I have a elevated heart rate and sweaty palms!:D

It is not from the heat!

That is the crux of it.

Especially in VR. Mind Blowing.

Driving cars in VR comes close but nothing matches that feeling, (or sweat!) I get from this simulator.

Elevated Heart Rate and Sweaty Palms!

So Thank You ED Team!

May the feeling last well into 2020 and beyond!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Buddy! thank you for all of your Mod efforts in 2016! Looking forward to 2017 as well!

-Jav

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Back when the A-10 was first released, I created landing missions just to practice. Almost every landing produced the same thing. I would have to take a break, just to calm down.

If that happens to a real pilot, I can't imagine how long it takes to get past that point.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Indeed although I only really fly the Huey and Gazelle, I guess it's the immersion in whatever your doing that makes it so engaging. Looking forward to building my pit and getting oculus rift this year.

So yeah a big thank you to ED and the developers. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Back when the A-10 was first released, I created landing missions just to practice. Almost every landing produced the same thing. I would have to take a break, just to calm down.

If that happens to a real pilot, I can't imagine how long it takes to get past that point.

I did a same thing when I first got MiG-21. I flew only FC3 before, and thought I was a decent pilot :D. The MiG however taught me otherwise, I couldn't land the thing without breaking the gear. So I set up a mission and practiced landings, over and over again until I got it right. Now, thousands of landings later, I still get a slight adrenaline rush each time over the threshold.

I can only imagine how it is for the RL pilots, but I bet carrier landings never get old.

When I first got the K-4, I would literally practice at least a 1/2 dozen T/O's and Landings every night. Finally got her down, but not ever over confident. Always knowing she could turn on you at a moments notice.

As noted by others, it's always a great feeling to complete a mission or circuit, and bring your bird down safely.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Landing is my favorite thing, which might sound odd since this is combat sim.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: