Viggen in Depth - 02 - ARAK Pop-Up Attack

Cobra847

What happens if you enter 110070 (extra zero at the end?)

Yeah, actually it seems to work if you add the extra zero to the end. Nice tip.

RagnarDa can I ask about the BANA/GRANS boundary line feature - this would be a useful in maintaining a planned course to a waypoint or target. Doesn't seem to work at the moment?

What happens if you enter 110070 (extra zero at the end?)

Is this the intended behaviour or something that will be changed at some point? Because I thought all zeros at the end were optional input.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I can also confirm that it works. Entering a complete number - with the trailing "0" at the end does the trick.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Great, appreciated :thumbup:

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Just tried doing a pop-up attack with the todays 1.5.6 update (10/02/17) and they are no longer working as intended. I'm following the exact same procedure as in Cobra's video, the waypont changes from B2 to M2 after entering the pop-up co-ordinates but it no longer auto sequences to U2 after passing waypoint B1.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Just tried doing a pop-up attack with the todays 1.5.6 update (10/02/17) and they are no longer working as intended. I'm following the exact same procedure as in Cobra's video, the waypont changes from B2 to M2 after entering the pop-up co-ordinates but it no longer auto sequences to U2 after passing waypoint B1.

It does work but only for every 10 km :P

For example u want to attack heading 070.

U can enter 0701, 0702, 0703 etc which gives you 10, 20, 30 km popup distance.

Anything other then every 10 doesnt work.

So yea, its bugged.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip with 10, 20 km settings for the pop-up. It also finally worked for me after trying several times, wondering what I did wrong.

10 km is a looooong way for a pop-up so I hope RagnarDa finds the bug and makes AJS-37 Great Again ;)

Thanks for the tip with 10, 20 km settings for the pop-up. It also finally worked for me after trying several times, wondering what I did wrong.

10 km is a looooong way for a pop-up so I hope RagnarDa finds the bug and makes AJS-37 Great Again ;)

That depends on how fast you're going! ;-)

Have been playing around with "popup" attacks again and noticed that the computer remembers the "popup" co-ordinates from the previous mission.

I have setup a simple mission with a lone Viggen attacking an airfield, the first time i played it i used a popup profile of 290/10km and it worked perfectly with the navigation auto cycling :-

B1 -> U2 -> M2

The second time i played the mission i didn't bother setting a popup profile and just wanted to fly straight to the target point.

So the profile should have been B1 -> M2.

After passing B1 the navigation auto cycled to M2 as expected but the pole track on the HUD indicated that it wanted me to fly to where i had set the popup waypoint from the previous mission ??.

I have attached a track if it's of any use, just hope it plays back properly

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Is the popup distance bug new in the latest patch? At original release, I was able to enter <10km distances provided I entered a full six digits, e.g. 180075 for 7.5km, or 180070 for 7km.

I can verify this no longer works in the current beta version. TAKT IN 180070 used to make a popup point 7km north of the target; now it only sets the waypoint as a target and doesn't seem to properly create a popup point.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

• 4 weeks later...