Viggen in Depth - 02 - ARAK Pop-Up Attack

Cobra847

This is going to sound super stupid..... but how in the hell do you make a new thread on this forum... i can obviously reply/comment to existing threads... but how do you make a new one lol

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Amazing video. But take some downtime, Nick! I thought i was the only one working on NYE ;)

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome work, Nick! :)

Each week I get more excited to the Viggen lol

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Every day and every minute counts in adding more polish to the Viggen. We'll have some downtime in February probably. :D

Thanks so much for sharing another great Viggen video! The dedication to this beast is evident in the working navigation system!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This looks like so much fun to fly! :joystick: :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Can't quite figure out how they were aimed, was there a CCIP reticle?

"We carried out many trials to try to find the answer to the fast, low-level intruder, but there is no adequate defense."

— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF

Can't charge us all

Every day and every minute counts in adding more polish to the Viggen. We'll have some downtime in February probably. :D

Nice video. I hope to be half as good as the demo team. It will be a great addition to the collection. Can't wait for my new SAAB. Does it have snow tires?

Enjoy some down time after the release of that beautiful Aircraft.

Cheers............ :thumbup:

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

that map :O

that map is the old one with Bartheks 7.0 textures i do believe. But could be mistaken either way winter is in season forsure.

The Airframe looks great! Also pleasantly surprised the rockets where deadly, nice shooting.

Edited by Enduro14

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

This is going to sound super stupid..... but how in the hell do you make a new thread on this forum... i can obviously reply/comment to existing threads... but how do you make a new one lol

Theres a blue button in the top left labeled "new thread" :lol:

Awesome video guys! :D

By the way i can't be the only one traying to get my head around the logic of pressing 9 to select waypoint 2?! xD

Edited by RaXha

By the way i can't be the only one traying to get my head around the logic of pressing 9 to select waypoint 2?! xD

I think 9 = next waypoint or something like that. ;)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Must be designed by the same guy that made the pitch trim indicator where nose up is down and vice versa. :D

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Theres a blue button in the top left labeled "new thread" :lol:

Awesome video guys! :D

Nine is the TAKT code used to designate a waypoint as a target point. So pressing 9 and then B2 (brytpunkt 2 = waypoint 2) just tells the system that this is the target :)

:joystick:

Edited by swither

/Daniel

Heatblur Simulations

Nine is the TAKT code used to designate a waypoint as a target point. So pressing 9 and then B2 (brytpunkt 2 = waypoint 2) just tells the system that this is the target :)

:joystick:

Alright that makes sense, so by that logic i assume by the keypad one the right that ther computer can handle a maximum of 10 waypoints? Or is BX a variable switch?

Waypoints are limited, but there's different types of waypoints which use seperate memory. M for targets, L for landing , Bx are for special points such as recce areas and RB15 steer points (steer down, turn, target and self destruction)

Here you can see a typical RB15 setup (in swedish unfortunately, but bx8 is where the target is supposed to be)

bIATrAv.png

wTPwR

Edited by swither
added some more info

/Daniel

Heatblur Simulations