Possible fix for stutters and low performance

xxJohnxx

Not sure what you're seeing or not, but we received a new graphics engine going from v1.2 to v1.5 a while back - and said engine runs silky smooth on my rig too, it has to be said.

2.0 for me run smooth 1.5 not

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

Looking around either by mouse or TrackIR causes weird aliasing/stutter/blur regardless of frame rate or smoothness while the view is fixed. I'm pretty sure this is a DCS problem, and not a hardware or tweaking issue.

If you're having issues with smoothness of gameplay, check page 1 of this article regarding RTSS: http://www.pcgamer.com/durantes-witcher-3-analysis-the-alchemy-of-smoothness/

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

Tried without Vsync and I'm getting a little less stutters, but looking around in the cockpit is quite choppy.

Try turning all graphic settings to low/off. If the stuttering goes away slowly start to increase the settings back. If the stuttering doesn't go away after turning all graphic settings to low/off...never mind.

Edited by fitness88

I turned my PC on a week ago after windows 10 updates and found my Anti Virus was causing the issue so completely removed and no stuttering. Was terrible. Can't wait for 2.5 and hopefully it runs better than 1.5 on the same hardware (how can it not with newer Direct X).

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

• 3 weeks later...
I've noticed for me that the frequency of stutters is directly related to how fast my aicraft is. I get near zero stutters in helos. In a fast jet like the Su-25A or M2000C I get stutters all the time.

This too .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .