Spans the World, Across the Decades

MegOhm_SD

From the DCS December 30, 2016 Newsletter:

"This is only a small part of our plan for 2017. Our goal is to create an entire World War II environment for our warbirds which will continue our strategic goal of creating an air combat simulation that spans the world and across the decades. Strap in!".

This is a huge and ambitious statement. Just ponder what this means.

Normandy as the first map. Whether 3rd party or by ED, which theater will be 1st to follow?

Hopefully, Normandy will see early access in the next 90 days...that would keep me busy whilst looking forward to the further development of DCS WWII.

Sure Europe needs further expansion...but the Pacific theater would also bring a new dimension.

Loving all things WWII, Im excited about the stated goal...

So I have made an assumption that this means maps ("environment")...and not just aircrafts representing countries and periods.

It is very hard to Challenge your own Assumptions...

Well done and...Thanks ED!

<S>

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

in this case unfortunately everything is subject to change...i for myself know this statement is nothing to get excited about...yet

i wouldnt even bet on seeing anything after normandy from ed in regards of ww2...i hope we will, as this the period im most interested in flight simming, but i think there is still a good chance, that after the normandy map, the p47 will get released, and at one point the me262 canceled...and from then on we would have to rely on 3rd parties...hope this will not turn out to be true, but thats one szenario i could imagine to be possible.

2017 will be a big year with all the upcoming expansions to the WWII scene. New map, vehicles and AI B-17's plus my favorite, the P-47. All of these will be a good base and should keep us happy until whatever is planned after that.

The wait will be worth it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

Sure... we all know EISTC...

As for the ME-262...i could not care less for it. It does nothing for me and I would not buy it. And that goes for any WWII Jet for that matter.

I would rather see that energy of time and effort spent on something else.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

in this case unfortunately everything is subject to change...i for myself know this statement is nothing to get excited about...yet

i wouldnt even bet on seeing anything after normandy from ed in regards of ww2...i hope we will, as this the period im most interested in flight simming, but i think there is still a good chance, that after the normandy map, the p47 will get released, and at one point the me262 canceled...and from then on we would have to rely on 3rd parties...hope this will not turn out to be true, but thats one szenario i could imagine to be possible.

Excepted to the old KickStarter Backers.... :doh: ED has a honour promises with them to complete WW2 initial project.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Excepted to the old KickStarter Backers.... :doh: ED has a honor promises to complete them.

If you dont like that module, others has very interested on them.

Thats fine...just my opinion..if it appears in the WWII skies, I guess I can shoot them down while they are landing since we wont be able to catch them in flight.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

• ED Team
Thats fine...just my opinion..if it appears in the WWII skies, I guess I can shoot them down while they are landing since we wont be able to catch them in flight.

Which is sort of historically accurate, weird huh...

There are more than one team at ED, and the WWII stuff generally doesnt impede anything else.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Excepted to the old KickStarter Backers.... :doh: ED has a honour promises with them to complete WW2 initial project.

...and i am one of them...and i am happy i pledged, as i think that we wouldnt have much except the P51 if it wasnt for that project that ultimately failed...i consider it still a success because ED is developing ww2 stuff now...it just remains to be seen whether they keep developing stuff after the "promised" modules...and they dont owe us anything either...they could very well say, "ok boys and girls, it was nice but financially not feasable, Me262 was our intention, but will not come to frution"....and there is nothing we could do against it...you could try to look after Luthier who actually "signed" some kind of contract with the backers,...carribeans, cuban cigars and coconut rum is my guess. :)

no seriously, i dont think that ED is forced to develop anything,...if they dont want, they wont. that goes for the 262 as well...

Financially not feasible...... by that situation, ED and 3rd party need cut great quantity of "planed" and future modules as not feasible, and we have modules with someone catalogue as "not feasible", CA or all transport helos as Mi-8/UH-1 has another or the trainers as only some examples, and continue "alive".....

Me262 coming in the future, only need take a look to the Me262 post module (Wing tunnel, real-life aerodynamic, engine data, jumo engine confirmed, Yo-Yo talking about them, manuals and pilots and some 3D cockpit ). And waiting if ED get essential data about the P-47, in troubles by lack necessary info to the module.

As I have said in another thread; we need to be patient and support ED/TFC. We are not far from our dreams. Don't give up! People often lose hope when what they want is actually pretty close by. :)

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

DCS WWII has a lot of life in it yet, even beyond what we know and beyond the kickstarter. As for the P-47, I found some items, just waiting on Yo-Yo on what we have and what we still need.

That is good news...just pleased it is still in the works...

the P-47 will be a great addition.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Found just insane one of the most numerous Fighter Bomber of the US Army Air Force, there is nothing left of the testing Data to collect.

Hopefully we get the Thunderbolt in the DCS Sky's wont miss them.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Sure... we all know EISTC...

As for the ME-262...i could not care less for it. It does nothing for me and I would not buy it. And that goes for any WWII Jet for that matter.

I would rather see that energy of time and effort spent on something else.

The Me262 is a very cool airplane with both air to air and air to ground weapons. Amazing armament of 4x Mk108... But I agree I would much rather see an airplane that mission creators could put in numbers. 262 would just outclass everything and would have to be used in limited numbers.

I would rather like to see Me410 and B25 which both were amazing planes, far more common and would give us more mission variety. Maybe later?

But ED is honoring the Kickstarter project and I am sure many of them wanted the 262 and I am even sure that some backed it just to get the 262.

I am really looking forward to the P47D I hope they have the info the need :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

The 262 is a piece of history. Regardless of it's useability in MP I think it will be awesome to have one modeled in the amount of detail that DCS aircraft are. That is part of what I think attracts alot of people to DCS. To sit in the cockpit and push all the buttons and to experience the nuances of it's handling in a way that you can't from a book or from a documentary on the history channel. Even if I never fly it online the 262 is definitely something I'm looking forward to.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I would rather like to see Me410 and B25 which both were amazing planes, far more common and would give us more mission variety. Maybe later?

I am really looking forward to the P47D I hope they have the info the need :)

I agree, player flyable light and medium bombers would make for more interesting scenarios. They were also much more significant than the 262.

Also looking forward to the P-47D :)