Ryzen chipset made by ASmedia !?

If that is true...LoL good night to my dream that this will be a winner.

articles and photos are out ... across the board on well known websites.

Look yourself and make your thoughts.

BTW: 1 x PCIe x16 and the next one is only 4x ! What a joke. Cant even put a decent add-on card in it, like SAS adpaters etc..they all need 8x.

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

If that is true...LoL good night to my dream that this will be a winner.

articles and photos are out ... across the board on well known websites.

Look yourself and make your thoughts.

BTW: 1 x PCIe x16 and the next one is only 4x ! What a joke. Cant even put a decent add-on card in it, like SAS adpaters etc..they all need 8x.

Link to said article and pictures?

AMD is Making their Own Chipsets,

ASMedia is likely only a USB Controller on Low/Mid Tier Options

And the boards w/ only 1x PCIe16 are likely value tier.

I've Seen Boards with 3x 16x PCIe3.0 Slots already in person.

The X370s Support 4x 16x Slots w/ 2 being 8x Modes (as both nVidia and AMD will likely be locking mGPU options to 2-WAY), how ever w/ the xDMA Link, you dont need x16 for all 3/4 GPUs in XFire Anyway, Primary can be x16, and the other 3 can be x8 and even x4, as long as they have the xDMA Channel.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The link is on the german Tom's hardware page ( I know you dont like that page ).

The statement about ASmedia is in the member posts from that article.

I am not talking SLI or Crossfire, I am talking LSI or Adaptec MultiPort SAS controllers that need 8x native PCIe to run full stroke.

Have they stated how many PCIe lanes are within the CPU itself and how many are buried in the chipset yet. This is the #1 limiting factor and the reason why there are "consumer" boards like the Z170 and lesser and "pro" boards like the X99 and server grade boards. Those have more lanes in the CPU ( you get what you pay for ) and within the chipset and extra chips on the board just for that reason. Avoiding sharing lanes on high-throughput devices.

You can smoke a 960Pro NVMe with a 8x PCIe SAS card, maybe not in access time but for sure in throughput when you restore ( downtime counts = money ) or shuffle lots of data between Raid sets on NIC's beyond 10Gbit ( Teaming 10 or 40 Gbit x4 for example ).

http://www.tomshardware.de/gigabyte-ax370-gaming-stoney-ridge-ryzen-am4,news-257681.html

The photo shown is the PCB from the UNDERSIDE which shows you the soldering spots.

Having 3 x 16x slot doesnt mean it is connected 16x, most aren't. This one has a 4x connector as 2nd PCIe 16x ( check the spacing and you see which one is which ).

Need to run, I will get the link for ASmedia later today, gotta get winter tyres 1st :) snow comes

statement from AMD that ASmedia is doing southbridge:

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/241001-amd-unveils-new-ryzen-brand-zen-processors-base-clock-speeds-additional-performance-details

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

the leaks concern midrange boards only and not gaming models. Relax. there is a reason why the OEM world is anticipating badly for the release.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Lets all hope you are right guys !!!!

I dont hate AMD, way not!

What I hate are crippled chipsets from vendors

Other than the actual cpu maker.

If that Ryzen CPU beats the 8core i7 then i will open a beer and say: WELL DONE AMD !!!

Happy new year ;)

Bit

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

From what I read in articles ( Google: Ryzen ASmedia chipset ) says that AMD has contracted ASmedia to do the southbridge for Ryzen and AMD only does the smaller embedded Southbridge inside the CPU, which..very funny..can only do USB 3.0 aka USB 3.1 Gen1.

Mentioned are problems regarding USB 3 signaling problems and the need for an amplifier on the board, which will cost 3-5 US$ per board..made by ASmedia.

The SouthSide chipset will be mad eby ASmedia and control most of your board, USB-C, additional PCIe lanes.. etc.. If that thing is not ONE HUNDRED percent accurate you will face problems Intel solved a decade ago. Troublesome drivers, misbehaviour, crippled data transmission speeds and disconnects of USB devices. That sort of thing.

edit*

You may think USB-C is too new to be bothered about, well, most smartphones will use usb-c from now on, HTC Samsung etc. have declared to move to USB-C. If that chip will not

play according to the rules your smartphone wont charge properly as it wont identify the chip as "authorized"...problems ahead. If you know USB for as long as I do, since the first USB 1.0 came out, you have been through that a few times, even with Intel sadly. Things that must be avoided at all costs and measures as they plague you every day if you own it. *

This all reads like a bad soup to me.

BTW:

The board shown on the pic is definitely not a small board, its ATX size and LABLED "GAMER", has an RX370 top end chipset and PCIe 4x as a 2nd PCIe16x slot.

The closer they get to launch the more the mask slides down I am afraid.

Those USB problems stated back in August already make me nervous. Additional amplifiers to correct something is a bad idea, in Audio as in any other DSP method, clarity goes down and with it goes your transmission speed usually.

one article in english, most were german that I found:

https://www.techpowerup.com/223583/amd-zen-processor-integrated-chipset-has-usb-3-1-issues-could-escalate-costs

Edited by BitMaster