Flaming Cliffs Purchase

B2Blain

I purchased F-15C for DCS a year ago, but haven't been able to play it because I needed to upgrade my graphics card. Now that I have one on its way I was going to take advantage of the sale and buy other modules and the Nevada Map. I was mainly interested in the A-10 Warthog.

I noticed two modules for the A-10 for sale - one called DCS: A-10C Warthog ($19.99) and the other A-10A Warthog for DCS World ($5.99).

Can both be used with the Nevada Map? Also, what additional features does the A-10C version have? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Both planes can be used in the Nevada map, but there are only very few missions available on that map. For the A-10C there is a payware Red Flag campaign.

The A-10A is a simplified (Flaming Cliffs lvel) module without clickable cockpit. The A-10C is a complex study sim of the more modern version of the Warthog.

I recommend the A-10C and the "A-10C Basic Flight Training Campaign" to learn the plane.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, Palit RTX 2080 TI, 1 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

All planes will be available on all maps. Same for all future planes and maps, so far as I know.

I highly recommend the A-10C. Its very very complex and if you like modern and ground combat planes, you will have fun with it for few hundreds of hours. And 20 bucks for one of the best modules is a clear message to me :)

Edited by PicksKing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

With FC3, you definitely get a lot of bang for the buck: F-15C, A-10A, Su-25A, MiG-29A, MiG-29S, MiG-29G, Su-27 and Su-33. All have simplified systems models but the sheer number of different things to fly is well worth the price tag.

The A-10C is a upgrade to the A-10A, and features a more advanced navigation computer as well as more capable sensors and additional weapons such as GPS guided bombs. It's a lot to learn but once you get the hang of it you'll be a force to be reckoned with in the A-G arena. :)

Really no wrong choice here. All aircraft will work in all maps.