Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

Sadly not officially yet.

To avoid similar delays we all ran into with the very first Gunfighter batch, I would like to wait until VKB HQ actually has the product completely built, tested (PCB supplier, I am looking at you), and ready to package for shipping, before opening orders.

That said, VKB HQ hopes to have the first production run of MCGs done by the end of July - but that's only an estimation, and so far I haven't heard any updates.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly not officially yet.

To avoid similar delays we all ran into with the very first Gunfighter batch, I would like to wait until VKB HQ actually has the product completely built, tested (PCB supplier, I am looking at you), and ready to package for shipping, before opening orders.

That said, VKB HQ hopes to have the first production run of MCGs done by the end of July - but that's only an estimation, and so far I haven't heard any updates.

:thumbup:

Sounds good, I would prefer to wait for concrete info as well, thanks for the feedback!

When it is available to order, I am going to want to order Extension and anything else I need to turn it into a Pro, so I can center mount it.

Thanks,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

:thumbup:

Sounds good, I would prefer to wait for concrete info as well, thanks for the feedback!

When it is available to order, I am going to want to order Extension and anything else I need to turn it into a Pro, so I can center mount it.

Thanks,

That sounds like a plan then! :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Wise move, see all "drama" created with other brand "imbroglio" last week, or the endless complains about VKB Europe dalays. ;)

Will VKB announce a decision on the possible all metal version of the MCG before normal MCG goes on sale?

[sigpic][/sigpic]

PDP, VAX and Alpha fanatic ; HP-Compaq is the Satan! ; Let us pray daily while facing Maynard! ; Life starts at 150 km/h

Will VKB announce a decision on the possible all metal version of the MCG before normal MCG goes on sale?

Talked with VKB HQ a few times about metal replicas - and they're planned for both the MCG and the KG12 - but there's no ETA at all at this time. So those could be still quite a ways away...

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That is kinda bummer. It would be nice to have an idea if it's worth to buy the normal version first and the metal replica later. If the metal replica is two years out my answer would be yes. If it were to be 6 months my answer would be hell no.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

PDP, VAX and Alpha fanatic ; HP-Compaq is the Satan! ; Let us pray daily while facing Maynard! ; Life starts at 150 km/h

That is kinda bummer. It would be nice to have an idea if it's worth to buy the normal version first and the metal replica later. If the metal replica is two years out my answer would be yes. If it were to be 6 months my answer would be hell no.

Well, I am quite certain (from knowing some of the planned roadmap) that these metal replicas are closer to being 2 years out than 6 months. I would say it's a safer bet to go with the non-metal MCG when it comes out.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Has anyone had the following problem with the software? I am sure I am not doing something right. I tried running as admin and it doesn't help.

I reported this issue on the VKB forums, technical section, over a month ago:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2662

So far, no response. :(

In any case, as I note in the above post, switching to "Expert" mode avoided this problem for me, so try and see if that works for you.

I reported this issue on the VKB forums, technical section, over a month ago:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2662

So far, no response. :(

In any case, as I note in the above post, switching to "Expert" mode avoided this problem for me, so try and see if that works for you.

Yea, I saw your message and figured you had solved it or something... to me this is something they need to fix.

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Saw on Reddit that shipping to EU customers has indeed started. One guy ordered his on June the 14th and has received a shipping notification. I ordered mine on May the 23d, just several hours after preorders opened. I did not get a shipping notification however. A bit disappointed now, as I could have received mine today. I now have the problem that the Monster Tech mount keeps throwing a "%SYSTEM-E-DEVICE, problem between grip and mount" error message at me ;)

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Last night I got an email from the postal services that my package should ship soon. I already have the tracking code and all that needs to happen now is to hand over the package to postal services. I guess that will happen tomorrow when the post office is open fur business again. Package should be offered Tuesday. I just hope the postman runs a bit late so I am home from work so I can sign for it. Christmas time is almost here :)

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I got my package today, gotta say the gimbal is a really nicely engineered piece, the quickrelease system is also a very nice touch.

Unfortunately the extension is basically dead on arrival since one of the 3 pins is bent out of the box, also the warthog adapter is missing despite it being listed in the order.

This is really a major disappointment together with the delays.

I mean its something that happens with every company small things like that slip through QC and missing parts in orders is also normal I just hope that support reacts fast and gets replacement shipments going asap.

Will report how it goes.... x)

Apart from that great stick, it seems, will report in depth when I can actually use what I ordered. lol.

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

I got my package today, gotta say the gimbal is a really nicely engineered piece, the quickrelease system is also a very nice touch.

Unfortunately the extension is basically dead on arrival since one of the 3 pins is bent out of the box, also the warthog adapter is missing despite it being listed in the order.

This is really a major disappointment together with the delays.

I mean its something that happens with every company small things like that slip through QC and missing parts in orders is also normal I just hope that support reacts fast and gets replacement shipments going asap.

Will report how it goes.... x)

Apart from that great stick, it seems, will report in depth when I can actually use what I ordered. lol.

I take it that Eduard is on it?

In the meantime, feel free to provide a photo of the extension's issue on the VKB forums here for a quick analysis: http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=25

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I take it that Eduard is on it?

In the meantime, feel free to provide a photo of the extension's issue on the VKB forums here for a quick analysis: http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=25

Thanks for the reply, you should get a medal from VKB HQ for heroic action on the ED forums :D.

Is Eduard the name of the responsible guy for the EU stuff ?

I sent a message to vkb@flightsimcontrols.com describing the noted problems.

Haven't got a reply yet, but it was only 2,5 hours ago that I send the message.

Will post the pictures I also send with the mail on the VKB forums.

Edit:done

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Thanks for the kudos! :)

... and yes, Eduard is the VKB EU partner - so he should handle everything for you. At the same time, VKB HQ is interested in seeing the extension issue - so it would be nice to get that picture for them. Thank you.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Mine has arrived today as well. Cook, eat, dishes, exercise, shower and tinker :) Pictures to come later this evening.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Thanks for the kudos! :)

... and yes, Eduard is the VKB EU partner - so he should handle everything for you. At the same time, VKB HQ is interested in seeing the extension issue - so it would be nice to get that picture for them. Thank you.

Hey rrohde just curious, what does the "official DCS joystick" on the gunfighter box mean? Are we going to have default keybindings available for all aircraft or something?

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Hey rrohde just curious, what does the "official DCS joystick" on the gunfighter box mean? Are we going to have default keybindings available for all aircraft or something?

From what I understand, there's an effort to have some default profiles assigned automatically to the VKB sticks once DCS recognizes a VKB device. So yeah, you nailed it. That's still being developed, however, and I don't know much about the current process of it.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Here she is:

stick%20and%20throttle.jpg

stick%20base%20closeup.jpg

stick%20top%20view.jpg

Stick feels really nice. Buttons on grip not working at the moment. Do I need to run some setup tool for that ?

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Stick feels really nice. Buttons on grip not working at the moment. Do I need to run some setup tool for that ?

To get started, here's a good topic on the basics on getting your Gunfighter up-and-running:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2646

Let me know if you need additional support.

Edit: That Gunfighter Pro looks really slick on that MonsterTech mount! Nice! Might be better suited for a center-mount, though... :)

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com