Beczl's Trucks and Transporters

Does anyone have copies of Beczl's original lom or cmd files for these wonderful vehicles. 3dMax files would be even better.

They no longer work in 1.5.5 because they are old models but if we can find the original model files we might be able to upgrade them and bring them back to life in 1.5.5.

I have them running as vehicle traffic in the game and they do make a huge difference to the look of the scenery, so its worth the effort.

If somebody has already converted them please let us know.

Screen_161229_193406.jpg

oh yeeees please. . . and the 3 uaz versions of the little transporter and bus and ambulance too, bring them back to life please. the version in military green too, beside the desert camo.

thanks in advance!

i only have the edm files from 2012, i guess not very helpful. . . :-(

Edited by flanker1

I have the UAZ's too, and his Smerch, and the excellent KUB set. The original Bulldozer transporter is green, that's just my version of it, Commercial instead of Military, I don't think there were every any other texture options, but imagine it could be done if needed.

I have the original EDM's from 2012 as well, which were converted from very old lom files I believe, if we could find those SkateZilla thinks we could convert/upgrade them to fit 1.5.5.

Finding the damn things is going to be the problem. I had them long long ago and deleted them thinking we would never need them again. I am a pirrock !!!

Edited by crazyeddie

I have the original EDM's from 2012 as well, which were converted from very old lom files I believe, if we could find those SkateZilla thinks we could convert/upgrade them to fit 1.5.5.

Do you mean the FC2 files?

Or earlier?

I may have something stashed away.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hawkeye - The original files were in .lom format I believe, if you have them we might be able to convert those.

I'm told you can import .lom format into 3dMax and get the updated .edm files out that way, but you cant import .edm files in and get .edm files out. (?)

Its all witchcraft to me, but I will sell my soul to the witch to get these back again. :(

Eddie

Have you tried pm'ing Beczl?

While he's not been on the forums for a long time, he might still have PM notifications turned on.

I tried to contact him twice a long time ago about something similar with no response. I don't think anyone has heard from him for ages.

Worth another try though.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't get anyone interested enough to do the work to upgrade them to 1.5.5. mate, and I havn't got the kit to do it myself. Beczl no longer answers any pm's from me, or anyone else as far as I know.

These Mods still work perfectly in 1.5.4 where I have my Beta version permanently fixed, and that suits me. I wont be pursuing this further, sorry.

Sadly 1.5.5 is going to see quite a bit of good Mod stuff drop off the radar, it decided me that Modding just wasn't worth the effort any more, at least not for me.

I'm sure others will carry on so you never know, somebody might spot these wonderful Beczl Mods and find a way to bring them back.

I did wonder if DCS might find a way to allow the older Mods back into the game but from what I read and what little I understand of the way the game is made that does not seem likely.

I think Beczl left the Forum after the Split with Leatherneck unfortunately (he start with the MIG 21), possible Leatherneck still have the Models, but after Beczl is the creator of this Mod would not think every one is interested in a war of owner rights.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27