Excessive inverted yaw

Pikey

Whilst flying upside down I find it impossible to fly straight, theres massive sideslip not even full deflection can correct. Same direction, left IIRC.

Additionally, it seems very nose level whilst inverted with a tendency to pitch to the level rather than sink down, with no change in AoA, and whilst I have no experience of inverted flight and cannot say if it is expected behaviour it doesn't "feel" quite right. If someone can confirm this seperately, we should breakout to a seperate post.

Would appreciate someone double checking my findings, I didnt go the full hog and report with a track etc as it should be fairly easy to reproduce by flying inverted and i'm only subjective on my understandings.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Myself not having logged any flight time in a real aircraft this powerful with a tailwheel, I honestly can't say, but having learned in a low-wing loading acft (the Spit is definitely one of these, relatively at least) I can honestly say when you flip that thing upside down your whole world changes so either don't spend much time there inverted, or be prepared to re-learn your controls.