Announcing Project VPC MongoosT-50

I'm still waiting for an all aluminium HOTAS - grip and gimbel, sick and tried of cheap plastic.

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

Although a billet CNC aluminum grip will "feels" nice, instead cost 195 the grip will cost 395 or more... :)

VKB KG-12B grip, a 4 buttons grips (but with 12 functions) is planed, in metal (?) version - made in China - at 195$.

The more cheap made by Bugeytech cost 2.800$, and don't has Alien technology inside, basically is like CH/Tm sticks, just use "certified" parts, and of course is billet in aluminum.

If only grip the cost is too high.

Make multi buttons grips in small scale - even in plastic - is not cheap:

http://www.komodosimulations.co.uk/cyclic.html

Look at Debolestis topic, he quote in Shapeways and print only the shell of a grip like Warthog will cost ~130$. Or this in Warbirds Treasures in Shapeways - notice that is only the shell.

Baur prices is enigmatic, but think their 4 buttons KG-13B in resin cost more than 200 Euros.

People get a wrong idea about this, think due that "promised" 89.99$ F/A-18 grip... :)

Edited by Sokol1_br

2. Unfortunately we currently have no plans for a Saitek X55/X56 adapter.

TY for your answers. A pity. I have the X55 and I planned to buy a grip, but without adapter not worth. :( because it's the X55 pilot stick an ergonomically uncomfortable. You would have more customers if you have made adapter for Saitek X55. It is my opinion. We'll see what the next announcement will bring to us.

I wish you a happy and successful new year!

Edited by kobac

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

Any chance for a electromagnetic ball gimbal with FFB?

:D

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I'm still waiting for an all aluminium HOTAS - grip and gimbel, sick and tried of cheap plastic.

It depends on the plastic, certain manufacturers boasted of metal parts but the cheap pot metal used proved in a lot of cases to be less durable than the glass filled nylon plastic used by another manufacturer. Metal does feel nice but if its going to be quality metal then expect a very high quality price tag too. If the right material is used and the mouldings are good you won't get any creaks or give in a 'plastic' grip.

• Like 1

People get a wrong idea about this, think due that "promised" 89.99$ F/A-18 grip... :)

I think you're right... And anybody who have tried to make their own controller know that it's not cheap..! ;)

After making two throttle quadrants I have a totally new respect for anyone who makes and sell controllers at limited numbers.

Very nice grip! Finally a universal grip, suitable for every DCS module.

Folding trigger for Ka-50

Dual stage trigger for A-10 and WW2 planes

Analog Axis Hand brake for the older Russian birds

Enough hats for any module

And an adjustable desk mount!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Very happy to see I may soon have an alternative to the Warthog throttle, which from what I've read isn't great quality inside.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

'VirPilots' is a strange "species", this project show a massive metal gimbal, CAM centering mechanism, compression springs (thing in engine valves springs)....

and they want just a grip to fit in the crap gimbal of warthog base. :joystick: :lol:

Hi Sokol,

While we are very proud of our base and gimbal mechanics, our first product to the market will be the VPC MongoosT-50 grip, with our base to follow afterwards. We would like to give users of the TM Warthog the opportunity to use our grip, and then when our base is released, they can upgrade to the complete VPC MongoosT-50 flightstick and base!

Интернет-магазин для ЕАЭС, Стань частью команды VIRPIL Controls, VIRPIL Controls в ВК, Канал VIRPIL Controls на Youtube

Win10 / I7-4790K 4.6GHz / Z97X / GTX 1080Ti / 32 Gb / SSD Samsung 860 Pro 2Tb+HDD WD 2Tb/ 40" 4K Philips BDM4065UC / TrackIR 5 / VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Flightstick (pitch: soft center cam, stiff spring / roll: hard center cam, stiff spring) + VPC Extension 200mm (S-shaped)/ VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle with Aerobatics Detents/ VPC Control Panel #1 / VPC Ace Flight Rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would it be possible to make an adapter for the warthog grip and use it on your base? :)

+1

Would love to try this gimbal base with a Warthog or Cougar handle assuming all the hats/buttons would still work.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Looks amazing. Waiting for the Thottle announcement.

Any info about the software?

I would love something like CH Manager.

It depends on the plastic, certain manufacturers boasted of metal parts but the cheap pot metal used proved in a lot of cases to be less durable than the glass filled nylon plastic used by another manufacturer. Metal does feel nice but if its going to be quality metal then expect a very high quality price tag too. If the right material is used and the mouldings are good you won't get any creaks or give in a 'plastic' grip.

Interesting point. I completely Agree.

Quality feeling is not equal to quality...only its an illusion. I remember that some Car makers spent a lot of money in order to modify the sound of his doors to sound more solid (like a 80's Volvo) or heavy 'cause customers see in a heavy door a quality proof.

Same for thee metallic outiside - Cheap plastic inside in Warthog

+1

Would love to try this gimbal base with a Warthog or Cougar handle assuming all the hats/buttons would still work.

Whether VPC produce such an adapter or not, they should be available in short order. The grips are compatible electronically so it's a no brainer, and there's DIY folk (myself included) on hand that will quickly fill this gap if needed :)

As to people saying Warthog is just illusion of quality, well, yes and no. The switches/hats/wiring/board/grip/software are all pretty damn good (better than anything else... so far) and the sensor decent though the use of zinc for the tail-stem questionable. Base/gimbals however are pretty bad though not because they are plastic specifically, it's the easily manufactured/low hanging fruit centering mechanism that gives it behavior that makes it undesirable.

Even if TM's trailer hitch/bell/articulation sphere were made of precision machined metal and they used linear bearings on the piston guides, it would still suffer the annoying tendency to want to move only in circles due to the unified spring, and still have a nasty detente across the centers though the detente could be minimized if the contact surfaces were mated radii instead of two flats that strike each other. Even under the best of conditions if you tried to write your own name in cursive using a tracing program, that type of gimbals will make it look like you used your left hand and/or possibly drunk.

That's where the miracle of cam centering comes in... precision levels not seen on commercial hardware outside of the Boeing trim mechanism from which they are all derived. Hats off to BaurBRD and Milich and VO101MMaister and the many other pioneering contributors I'm leaving out, who collectively worked for years to bring joystick centering mechanisms out of the dark ages :)

Edited by Thadiun Okona

Hi Sokol,

While we are very proud of our base and gimbal mechanics, our first product to the market will be the VPC MongoosT-50 grip, with our base to follow afterwards. We would like to give users of the TM Warthog the opportunity to use our grip, and then when our base is released, they can upgrade to the complete VPC MongoosT-50 flightstick and base!

And you are right in this approach, are a big market for alternative grips for Warthog.

Eventually look at F/A-18 grip. ;)

My commentary is in the sense that apparently people don't care much about mechanical quality, but looks. :D

Edited by Sokol1_br

Whether VPC produce such an adapter or not, they should be available in short order. The grips are compatible electronically so it's a no brainer, and there's DIY folk (myself included) on hand that will quickly fill this gap if needed :)

Awesome :)

VirPil

I see that HAT's in T-50 is based on CH HAT design, 4 way.

Take a look in Tm HAT, with central click and the spring, this spring is important for the people in the quest for "Feel Simulator", the spring make then "feel" real. :)

And extra buttons are welcome, people whant map in sticks all things possible, even "aliens" ones like Landing Gear, that not even in "F-55X" prototype is see. :)

The (military) concept HOTAS ( for control weapons, systems) was corrupted in sim world for a kind of "FOBO" (Fingers On Buttons Only) - a grip with a "keyboard" integrated on top will not seem weird. :lol:

"FOBO's" dream prototype. :D

So the grip comes with the TM adapter. I'm just wondering if I throw this stick on my TMWH base, will the brake axis be identified through the TM or will it not be? That's the only thing I'm questioning

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I've only ever had to use the CH/Saitek/TM software if I need additional shift states or to mimic buttons that aren't available by default. But since this grip has so many buttons and hats (and I'm guessing the throttle will too) then all we'll need is the DCS software.

But I know some people like to do it all external of DCS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Throttle and software details will be revealed in future announcements!

Nice work on the stick handle! I'll be getting one for sure, all these years I wanted a Russian style stick and finally that dream is becoming a reality :) Cheers!

Thanks!

So the grip comes with the TM adapter. I'm just wondering if I throw this stick on my TMWH base, will the brake axis be identified through the TM or will it not be? That's the only thing I'm questioning

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

When using the VPC MongoosT-50 grip on the TMWH base, all functionality will remain intact. The only change will be that the analog brake lever will be recognized as a digital switch much like the pinkie paddle already preset on the TMWH grip.

Интернет-магазин для ЕАЭС, Стань частью команды VIRPIL Controls, VIRPIL Controls в ВК, Канал VIRPIL Controls на Youtube

Win10 / I7-4790K 4.6GHz / Z97X / GTX 1080Ti / 32 Gb / SSD Samsung 860 Pro 2Tb+HDD WD 2Tb/ 40" 4K Philips BDM4065UC / TrackIR 5 / VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Flightstick (pitch: soft center cam, stiff spring / roll: hard center cam, stiff spring) + VPC Extension 200mm (S-shaped)/ VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle with Aerobatics Detents/ VPC Control Panel #1 / VPC Ace Flight Rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very interesting project, looks like this grip would be almost perfect for the KA50. Will be following it very closely indeed.

Good luck guys

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: