First DCS install - DCS updater SLOW

CR4ZYHOR5E

Hi,

Trying to set up DCS for the first time. I purchased NTTR from the e shop and downloaded the 2.0 open alpha exe. After installing this, it launched DCS Updater 2.6.19.8 and began to download (something) via a torrent. After 3 hours at download speeds of 260kb/s I read that pressing cancel reverted to a traditional download, so I tried it. Unfortunately the speed was the same so I'm back to the beginning.

Am I doing something wrong? Will take me a week to get up and running at this rate. Any advice gratefully received.

It is a very large download. Can't remember how long it took me initially, but it was many hours. I always found the torrent to be the better of the two.

Best to just start it and forget it for a while, may speed up some along the way. But it will be many hours ( certainly should not be a week though). Seems like mine took somewhere around 8-10 hours or so. But I grabbed it when initial release came out and everyone was trying to grab it at once.

Ya know what they say about a watched pot... lol.

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index| Vive Pro 2 |