Fort Wayne Airshow & Oshkosh 2016 A-10 pics

Kippy

I've had these images I took from my phone sitting around for a while.

Two A-10Cs from the 163rd Fighter Squadron based in Fort Wayne, IN made it out to Oshkosh earlier this year, and it was an absolute blast to meet the pilots and see these birds fly in person. I had actually just turned around and began to walk up the taxiway to leave for the day when I heard that unforgettable sound - the A-10s TF34. The A-10s had made a few low passes before coming in to land, and well.. I cancelled my plans in town and spent the rest of the day annoying some A-10 pilots with questions galore. Here are a handful of images that I took.

C4nmoKH.jpg

tELPmMu.jpg

xZfES4u.jpg

5yf27IQ.jpg

Yd4uTud.jpg

Of course the airshow performers got angry that I was paying attention to the A-10 and not them. So they photobombed me!

Z83yEic.jpg

XxZD8xR.jpg

The Fort Wayne airshow this year was a blast too! With the airshow being held at their base, this time, the A-10s were the star of the show. It was absolutely fantastic to meet the pilots, crew and aircraft belonging to the squadron that inspired the Virtual 163rd. Unlike Oshkosh, they kept us away from arms length of the A-10s this time. At Oshkosh, I got scolded by a pilot after banging my head on an AIM-9 rack walking under the wing :lol:

Nywcjul.jpg

xpasf6D.jpg

9hhmQFk.jpg

quKTuIz.jpg

JkGXFjN.jpg

FYZplWf.jpg

• Like 2

Great pics. They keep cancelling the airshows, at Andrews AFB, that I am close too. :(

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Great pics. They keep cancelling the airshows, at Andrews AFB, that I am close too. :(
Hey Cichlidfan! The Andrews airshow is every 2 years now. 2016 was one of the years they skip! Keep an eye out for 2017 for the airshow at Andrews, Thunderbirds are listed to be @ Andrews in 2017 for September 16-17, so it's safe to say it may be on for this year!

Thankfully for me i live by the air base that had the F-35 and the F-22 for the Baltimore airshow! So 2016 was a great year here. Got to see the F-35 take off in full burner.

Hey Cichlidfan! The Andrews airshow is every 2 years now. 2016 was one of the years they skip! Keep an eye out for 2017 for the airshow at Andrews, Thunderbirds are listed to be @ Andrews in 2017 for September 16-17, so it's safe to say it may be on for this year!

That would be most excellent. I hope you are right.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: