Governor Failure [No Engine Damage]

Schmuck

I've been having a problem with the Governor failing in a fight (not pushing the engine, not even in the vertical) Taking hits in the wing and the RPM shoot up as the Gov has failed. From what I can see only the wings have visible damage to them, and sometimes the tail. I can never see any damage to the engine cowling, the spinner, or the props. This could be that the damage is not modeled or something else. But when it happens I'm not in a climb so my engine is not visible to my opponent, most of the time it's nearly level flight resulting in hits to my tail or wing. I could attempt in the coming days to get some Video evidence of this occurring.

You must have taken a hit into engine or wherever the governor is located. The problem is not so much the systems damage modeling but the visual indication of the damage which is not exactly reassembling places where the bullets have hit. Not even mentioning that the holes don't follow the bullets patter but rather look like a spatial damage from fragmentation warhead.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Like the P51 it happens a lot...

How can a bullet pass from behind to hit the governor which if I recall is quite a small component.

The new damage model can't come soon enough :D

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

It is just utterly ridiculous... is the prop Governor the size of an elephant because it feels like it.

Is it me or has this gotten worse in the last patch?

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I was thinking it's maybe not only the rpm governor itself. Wouldn't be there a similar effect if the propeller gearbox get's hit?

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

This Rotol is licensed Hamilton Standard If I recall correctly (the pitch change mechanism that is), so a catastrophic loss of all oil pressure could do that (with no pressure in prop line, it changes to full fine by itself). But I guess:

a) we would notice other, more dramatic effects of running out of oil pretty fast;

b) it loves to happen even when You're hit in wings, tail and anywhere else than the nose :).

All and all, the plane has a basically the same engine like a DCS Mustang, so surely it just must share the same "Porcelain Governor " issue as well :D :D :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Damage to the Spitfire/P-51 governor should just be removed from the simulation until there is a fix.:no:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 1 month later...

In Spit, was at DK06 in the Burning Skies server and governor got hit by ground fire.

I made it back to base and landed OK.

Gotta keep an eagle eye on the RPM gage and not over 2800 rpm and watch temperatures.

Full flaps, added fuel pump on, manual ram air (left side switch to on), stayed low so enemy could not find me.

120 mph back to base.

Can be done. Slow process.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I've noticed this as well. It seems that anything that hits the plane - regardless of location - damages the governor.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS