Shadows on wing issue

Badger633

I am using the spity with the rift cv1. I noted with sun to one side and looking at the opposite wing you can see the shadow of the body of the plane plus also the pilots head. Dependant on the bank of the aircraft the pilots head disappears but the aircraft shadow remains. It does not disappear all at once but disappears progressively as if there is a hidden boundary. I have also noticed that the shadow to the protrusions on the top of the wing disappear towards the edge of your vision once again as if there is a hidden boundary.

I7 5930 16gb SSD gygabyte 1080 water cooled

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Pilots head shadow not always showing on wing.

The shadow quality makes no difference. Its as if there a boundary a certain distance from the wing base in which the pilots head shadow will not show. See attached photo

You can only see the very top of the pilots head in shadow

697768694_spitfirepartheadmissing.thumb.png.f4d62d29c1ccdbe93dfa665e6abd4c91.png

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

I'm not sure about this particular instance, but shadow quality DOES make a difference in many cases. If your shadow quality is set to "flat" you'll get odd renderings like this. Flat tries to keep the shadow in a single plane (geometrically, not aero-plane) and if it encounters a curved surface the rendering can look very unnatural as in your example. The wing is a curved surface.

So we need to verify if you've tried various settings to check this. If you have and still have the same rendering issue then this could be a bug. Please let us know your settings so we can give a more definitive answer.

Highspeed

Pilot shadow issue still there no matter what shadow setting

I have checked and set shadows to ultra and tried flat , default and off. Unfortunately same thing. See attached shot . This shadows set at ultra and default.

579480507_partheadshadowmissingshadowsultraanddefault.thumb.png.53ce4f43c81db27f6bbd6467e662e6d1.png