Autopilot behaviour

droopy114

Hi all, just noticed this last night, last update, 1.5.5.60503 Update 4, when you engage autopilot, straight and level, the plane start to move up and down slowly but surely, you can see this with the FPM who start to move up>down. It's worse when you start a turn through the trim command. I remember clearly before this update it was working great, FPM never moved this way and it was perfectly level. A friend of mine has the same issue.

Hi guys yep AP tuning is a work in progress, unfortunately. I recently had to fix the relaxed stability behavior. This greatly affects the control tuning for the AP. Once I get that further refined I need to go back and clean up the AP control gains.

Good to know, thank you for your reply.

So has the functionallity changed? A few patches ago it used to work like this: be at e.g 10.000ft, select 15.000ft on the drums below the AP panel, engage "selected altitude hold" and the plane would start to climb and eventually switch to "altitude hold" when 15.000ft were reached, but now it does actually nothing really...

Another method without the trim hat: just set your desired pitch (simply using the stick) then engage the AP...

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds