CADC Error? Emergency procedures manual?

inspgadget

So I was flying around when there was a loud bang and I got a CADC error. All kinds of problems ensued, but I was able to land safely. I've searched the flight manual and the kneeboard notebook but can't find information about the CADC, what it does and how to correct it in flight, if that's possible. Can someone explain please?

Also, is there an emergency checklist I can reference? If the crap hits the fan I'd like to know what to do. LOL

Thanks!

Emergency procedures start on 579 of manual and I actually found this...

CADC. The Central Air Data Computer (CADC) has failed. Certain failures of the CADC can cause erroneous data to be displayed. The HUD will display the last valid airspeed and altitude data before the failure and you will see a CADC FAIL and an INS DEGRADED message on the CDU. Corrective Action: Select STBY or PNEU on the altimeter and monitor pitot-static airspeed indicator.

The CADC, or Central Air Data Computer, provides airspeed values, temperature values, and pressure values to Hawg systems (among other things.) The reason that the CADC failure does not affect flight is because it does not affect the Hawg's ability to fly. It only affects systems that are dependent on the CADC. The Pitot-Static airspeed indicator is a backup for the CADC upon its failure.

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2