Autonomous Ground Force Tasking

gromit190

gromit is 1.15 ready I dont see the main lua. So Ive attached your old mission labelled 1.14. Problem with this mission is you reference a version of your lua as 1.9. If you use this nothing happens. Then I loaded in the lua labelled autogft_1.14 instead. This crashes immediately saying it cant find addgroup in your lua. So not sure what example to give.

example-1_14.miz

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Here is another version of 1.14. this has code in it that doesnt crash but no units move.

This mission works as it should for me. Units gets routes and moves as they should.

Let's take a different, minimalistic test mission (test.miz attached) for debugging. This mission works 100% for me. The unit gets a route, and it starts moving towards its target.

Please test this mission, and answer the following questions:

1. Can you load this mission to the mission editor without any error?

2. Does the unit get a route? (Play as tactical cmdr to see the route)

3. Does the unit move at all?

4. Are there any error messages in the log?

test.miz

This mission works as it should for me. Units gets routes and moves as they should.

Let's take a different, minimalistic test mission (test.miz attached) for debugging. This mission works 100% for me. The unit gets a route, and it starts moving towards its target.

Please test this mission, and answer the following questions:

1. Can you load this mission to the mission editor without any error?

2. Does the unit get a route? (Play as tactical cmdr to see the route)

3. Does the unit move at all?

4. Are there any error messages in the log?

ok downloaded the mission

1. mission loads into the editor with no issues

2. Unit gets a route but speed is set to 0

3. unit does not move at all

4. no errors in log see attached.

dcs.log

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

I've isolated the problem at least.

What autogft does is it creates 2-6 waypoints (depending on the setup and how far it is until the next objective).

It will appear like the unit does not move at all but actually the first waypoint is just really close to the unit position. So it moves just a couple of meters to get to it in the beginning of the mission and then it stops.

For some odd reason, DCS only moves the units to the first waypoint and stops at it. It just ignores the next route waypoints.

Has anyone heard of other scripts experiencing a similar problem? Right now I'm going to test a regular route with 2 waypoints to see if that works.

While I investigate how to properly fix this bug, you can probably use this version with a temporary workaround: https://github.com/birgersp/dcs-autogft/releases/tag/1.17

This might be a bit buggy, especially considering running on roads. But give it a go if you want.

Also if you have any information that would help me identify what has changed on the DCS scripting engine. Tried looking at the hoggit wiki but it gave no answers to why the autogft logic stopped working.

Okay. I did just to a quick test before generating 1.17 so I might have missed something. Will keep trying to solve it.

One thing I struggled with yesterday was creating a simple script that just gives a group some simple task (route). Because that would really help me debug this error, by comparing the task data that autogft generates with raw task data that is manually made and works. Will continue fixing this later.

BTW I am using the open beta version now for testing.

Been trying to solve this. Honestly, there must be some kind of bug with DCS. I can't explain it any other way. For some reason it seems that the unit is only moved to the first waypoint in the route. But only if the route has more than 1 waypoint (?). This is the same case even when I script some route "manually" (not using autogft) for the units.

For those of you that have the bug, what DCS version are you using?

Please keep your eyes and ears open if anyone else has this bug. I tried asking on the mission editor channel on ED discord, but it seems idle.

Hi all,

I just tested the Steam version, non-Steam version and open beta.

Steam version and non-Steam version works with autogft 1.18. I just tested a basic example and the example mission (which uses a lot of various features of autogft).

Open beta does not work. I don't know why, but there is some kind of bug where only the second waypoint of a two-point route will work.

For those of you that experience an error, please state what version of DCS World you are using.

Download autogft here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

No, sorry. I probably won't spend time on investigating this further. I don't use the beta, so I am not really that dedicated to debugging it.

But when I checked, the error was that assigning waypoints in lua does not work the same way as it did before. So the scripting docs (what little there is) doesn't correctly explain how to create routes. (Unless they changed it since I last checked).

Whoever wants to investigate the bug, feel free. I and others would really appreciate it 🙂

Edited by gromit190

• 3 months later...