Deadzone/S-Curve recommendations?

bmezz

Spit is amazing as promised---but in VR its a real headache at the moment. The plane is bouncing around a lot for me at all altitudes and speeds and I can't seem to get the right balance with the curves.

I am aware that this sim model is very sensitive and not for the faint of heart---but I am hoping there is a way to settle this thing down so I can actually enjoy it. running out of aspirin! :helpsmilie:

Edited by bmezz

With my CH- Fighterstick, CH-Throttle Quadrant & CH-Pedals I use:

Pitch / Roll: 20 - No deadzone

Rudder: 15 - No deadzone

Throttle, Prop Lever, Elevator trim, Rudder trim are all setup as sliders and no curves or deadzones.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

As a general rule, use the dead zone only when having hardware issues - for instance stick giving false input when in central position. Otherwise, if equipment is fine no dead zone.

As for curves, I generally find them bad for building up the muscle memory in longer time perspective. Only apply them when necessary. 0 at stick, 15 on the rudder as atm in Spit rudder is extremely sensitive - with 0 on rudder just slightly touching the pedals during turn was applying too much ruder for coordinated turns.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I personally am not using any curves or dead zone on pitch and roll, I use a G940 with feedback and prefer the 1:1 but I am having to use a curve on the rudder axis up to 30 as I find the rudder to be way too sensitive, I think this is largely due to the hardware rather than FM modelling, off the shelf rudder pedals are clumsy devices that don't do much for the real finesse required.

I had 20% curve on the pitch axis as I had similar problems as the OP, without VR

I also added a curve to the rudder pedals for the same reasons as bongodriver. I have also reinstalled the spring in my warthog stick and this has made a huge difference to the flying of it, so much so that I will be removing the pitch curve. Lord only knows how my chopper flying will suffer having a sprung joystick again:joystick:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have also reinstalled the spring in my warthog stick and this has made a huge difference to the flying of it, so much so that I will be removing the pitch curve. Lord only knows how my chopper flying will suffer having a sprung joystick again:joystick:

Dammit, bad news.... In the same boat, I'll try reinstalling spring

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

I really appreciate the feedback everyone! These are probably some strange numbers I ended up with here but they seem to have leveled the plane out (for the time being unless DCS changes the FM)

I am using a Logitech Extreme 3DPro

Pitch / Roll:

Deadzone:35/15

Sat X: 100

Sat Y: 100

Curvature: 35/35

Rudder:

Deadzone:0

Curvature: 8

Throttle:

Deadzone:0

Curvature: 0

I personally am not using any curves or dead zone on pitch and roll, I use a G940 with feedback and prefer the 1:1 but I am having to use a curve on the rudder axis up to 30 as I find the rudder to be way too sensitive, I think this is largely due to the hardware rather than FM modelling, off the shelf rudder pedals are clumsy devices that don't do much for the real finesse required.

Same here, the pedals that ship with the G940 suck, mine are glitchy as hell now they are ageing, think I'm on 25 or so curve, and a flat line on the stick axes.

The FALSE is real, but it's not THRUTH right?

Intel i7 8700K OC4.4GHz | 16GB | GTX1080Ti | Logitech G940 | TrackIR5 |

19 on x & y T16000m

15 on TWCS rudder rocker

I'm still bad though, but that's me I suspect. ;)

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro