PAK-FA Project

Working on reported bugs found so far, also added realistic flares and Chaff count,and i am working on the weapon stores in the arming menu to fix all that,Update coming soon.

attachment.php?attachmentid=158403&d=1488691983

Sweet, so many people enjoying the "2017 - Cubanace Air Show" ...........hahaha

Have you got good external engine sounds available or do you need community help with that?

You should maybe make a list of areas that community can help you with in first post.

For "External Sounds" use some thing like that video above and then just muffle that for internal would be a good way I guess.

I don't know much how this would be done, maybe using a sound table editor etc

But sound is important to capture the realism and immersion in the game especially air show events with that sweet screen shot above! :thumbup:

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

To decrease reflective effect, just set zero to all channels in material properties in 3dmax except diffuse, and then add some value for specular and bump channels.

i put some R-33s in pylons 9 through 4 to simulate the izdeliye 810 missile. said to be an updated version of the R-37M. worked well, took out a B-52 at approx 100 km firing distance

also, remember, as you are using 27 avionics, some A-G ordinance doesn't work correctly.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

First 3 Updates are ready.

#1 Fixed the shiny and glossines level of the external model.

#2 Fixed the cannon Position.

#3 Added Realistic flares and Chaff Count (Pak-Fa) no longer has unlimited flares or Chaff,you can also now set up chaff and flare counts in arming menu.:thumbup:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mzbyk0a84s57rjv/AADWRC5AIexS9wXmmFdEybRJa?dl=0

First 3 Updates are ready.

#1 Fixed the shiny and glossines level of the external model.

#2 Fixed the cannon Position.

#3 Added Realistic flares and Chaff Count (Pak-Fa) no longer has unlimited flares or Chaff,you can also now set up chaff and flare counts in arming menu.:thumbup:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mzbyk0a84s57rjv/AADWRC5AIexS9wXmmFdEybRJa?dl=0

doing a great job, thank you, hope to bring it to perfection

yeah, skin is still rather glossy. good on you for getting these updates through so timely, though. :)

also, pylon 13 doesn't work correctly. it would be nice to add the location of the pylons on the payload editor diagram of the aircraft, but i can deal without, esp. considering it's beta.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Great job Cubanace! Extremely good remembering that you only started 3 months ago with no skills and experience on this subject. Amasing work.

I remember that you mentioned learning/using Autodesk simulation to model flow around your plane. My advice is to avoid it - while its very easy to learn it is also way out :) Better look into traditional big 3 (Fluent/CFX/StarCD) or open foam (less user friendly but free and allows more flexibility than off the shelf software).

Does your current (available to download) beta model have thrust vectoring implemented?

Great job Cubanace! Extremely good remembering that you only started 3 months ago with no skills and experience on this subject. Amasing work.

I remember that you mentioned learning/using Autodesk simulation to model flow around your plane. My advice is to avoid it - while its very easy to learn it is also way out :) Better look into traditional big 3 (Fluent/CFX/StarCD) or open foam (less user friendly but free and allows more flexibility than off the shelf software).

Does your current (available to download) beta model have thrust vectoring implemented?

?? "NO" the beta uses SFM but i do have an EFM that does use TVC but no radar or weapons at this point just for flight testings.

Hi Cubanace,

Just a quick list of points, I'm sure you are onto these already )))

No animation on air brakes (tail fin movement)

Main landing gear wheel hubs need correct textures

External lights

Bort numbers

Internally hud is in English with American voice and sounds, get Russian in there !!!!!!!

Want to say once again what a fantastic job you have done for the dcs community, thank you

Hi Cubanace,

Just a quick list of points, I'm sure you are onto these already )))

No animation on air brakes (tail fin movement)

Main landing gear wheel hubs need correct textures

External lights

Bort numbers

Internally hud is in English with American voice and sounds, get Russian in there !!!!!!!

Want to say once again what a fantastic job you have done for the dcs community, thank you

The voice needs to be set in your settings, that has nothing to do with the mod, same as the language of the avionics

The voice needs to be set in your settings, that has nothing to do with the mod, same as the language of the avionics

Thank you Razor i am glad you like the mod so far at its early stages and yes i am aware of most things and i am working on it,about the light externally like strobe and head lamp and cockpit lighting i have no clue as to how to do it,but il be looking at videos in 3dx max to learn that tonight after work, as for the landing gear tires yes i am also going to fix those textures..

il also take a look at that Voice..:thumbup:

"NO" the beta uses SFM but i do have an EFM that does use TVC but no radar or weapons at this point just for flight testings.

Thanks for your reply and many thanks for your great work.

I will better wait for a more complete/later stage model that will have thrust vectoring and cockpit.

May I ask if there's a place where flight models used in DCS/flight sim in general are discussed? As an engineer with some experience with pro racing simulations I'm curious about how things are implemented.

Thanks for your reply and many thanks for your great work.

I will better wait for a more complete/later stage model that will have thrust vectoring and cockpit.

May I ask if there's a place where flight models used in DCS/flight sim in general are discussed? As an engineer with some experience with pro racing simulations I'm curious about how things are implemented.

Maybe you'll find what you're searching for in the first few stickys: https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=202