For 114:

Keyframe 0 = All Objects ON

keyframe 100 = All Objects off (ie Player In Cockpit),

Usually the Following Objects are Hidden:

Canopy Frame,

Canopy Glass,

Windscreen Frame,

Windscreen Glass,

All Cockpit Geometry of the External Model. (Ejection Seat, Controls, Panels, HUD Assembly etc Etc)

Basically, 114 at Frame 100, will leave a Hole in your Model where the Player Cockpit will be placed.

The EASIEST way to do this, is to Have a Single Object Or Group, and Hide the Object/Group.

For Example, On my Model.

The Base Cockpit Tub is the Parent mesh, Everything else is Child Linked to that Mesh through chains, and Everything is set to inherit Visibility, so when I simply hide the Cockpit Tub, all Children Meshes are hidden as well.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

For 114:

Keyframe 0 = All Objects ON

keyframe 100 = All Objects off (ie Player In Cockpit),

Usually the Following Objects are Hidden:

Canopy Frame,

Canopy Glass,

Windscreen Frame,

Windscreen Glass,

All Cockpit Geometry of the External Model. (Ejection Seat, Controls, Panels, HUD Assembly etc Etc)

Basically, 114 at Frame 100, will leave a Hole in your Model where the Player Cockpit will be placed.

The EASIEST way to do this, is to Have a Single Object Or Group, and Hide the Object/Group.

For Example, On my Model.

The Base Cockpit Tub is the Parent mesh, Everything else is Child Linked to that Mesh through chains, and Everything is set to inherit Visibility, so when I simply hide the Cockpit Tub, all Children Meshes are hidden as well.

"Basically, 114 at Frame 100, will leave a Hole in your Model where the Player Cockpit will be placed."

yup that is exactly how its happening as of now il try and do what your saying thnks again for the tips Skatezilla.:book:

Look....

https://youtu.be/0zHu8h5_nDk

In F2 View, you should not see the Argument,

it will only be applied to external model when the player view is set to F1 View.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

In F2 View, you should not see the Argument,

it will only be applied to external model when the player view is set to F1 View.

yup i know ,but i must be doing something wrong i have tried many times and still external view is missing canopy :mad: cockpit works fine and no overlapping but dam the external view is messed up, i am trying to solve this.

Edited by cubanace

Hi,

assign the ARG 114 before you do the animation.

Chose your group in the track editor - add the visibility track - add the arg based visibility controller - set arg 114 and set active - do the animation.

DCS Mods and Skins: HiDrive

Use the NAS only if the other Link is not working - it's slow!
My DCS MODs and Skins: NAS

Hi,

assign the ARG 114 before you do the animation.

Chose your group in the track editor - add the visibility track - add the arg based visibility controller - set arg 114 and set active - do the animation.

ok i will do that when i get home from work,what you say makes sense,seems i was doing it reversed steps.

Hi,

you should check your Model in the Modelviewer or in DCS, not with rendering in 3dsmax. It's the only way to see if the arg animation is correct.

If you want, you can send me the max-file and I can check it.

Here is a Link to a sample file with arg 114 settings. If you import it to your scene, you can copy-paste the visibility track to your model.

Edited by upuaut

DCS Mods and Skins: HiDrive

Use the NAS only if the other Link is not working - it's slow!
My DCS MODs and Skins: NAS

Hi,

you should check your Model in the Modelviewer or in DCS, not with rendering in 3dsmax. It's the only way to see if the arg animation is correct.

If you want, you can send me the max-file and I can check it.

Here is a Link to a sample file with arg 114 settings. If you import it to your scene, you can copy-paste the visibility track to your model.

Thank you i will give it a try as soon i get home.

I use Curve Editor,

Skip to Around 2 Minute Mark for example (This video is for light meshes, same principle though)

• 2 weeks later...
After many attempts i Finally Fixed the Canopy Visibility track arg 114 and canopy animation for the external model,also added Open and closing of the canopy,canopy is no longer missing from the external model :D:D:D.

https://www.facebook.com/Cubanacesimulations/

Animation is wrong

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

Beta Download.

BEta is ready for you guys to try it out and point out the problems you guys find,This is super early release,credits go to all those who had helped me on how to do things and how to use 3dx max and so on,there is alot missing and most of the animations need work and i still need to add lights textures and so on,but here you go you guys can try it out,Just add the Pak-Fa mod to your mod folder in dcs world. ( FC3) needed.

little fact and missing Animations.

#1 landing gear animation is not complete and needs lots of work.

#2 Light Textures on wings and nose gear not ready yet.

#3 No pilot yet.

#4 uses su-27 pit and Avionics.

#5 TVC not animated Completely.

#6 Icon needs work (its to Big).

CREDITS.

Goes to all those who had helped me on how to get a mod folder going and how to use 3dx max for example,Gospadin,Skatezilla,Kim,upuaut,slebedeff,LJQCN101,BR=55=Sevas,Nero.ger,

WRAITH,LevelPulse,uscstaylor,i might be missing a few so plz name your self,anyway i thank you all,this is just the start of its life in dcs.:D

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dz4wx54bjy35cy3/AAAUvmnFPqZLAQlpfI2yYsXVa?dl=0

Hey Cubanace, there's no need for thanks it's been really great to help out where I can. I'm not coder or programmer but I have seen the real deal many times so I've got bit of knowlede of aircraft and flight dynamics. You have done wonders with the mod for all to share that's a real achievement from just one person. Well done you, looking forward to many hours in the cockpit

a couple of possible bugs

if weapon selection is set to the R-73, stick will deflect to full right, controls are not affected

Screen_170304_190717.jpg

Screen_170304_190718.jpg

body seems to be awfully reflective...not sure if this is a thing on the real aircraft though

Screen_170304_190637.jpg

but those are no matter when compared to the detail of the modelling. excellent work for a mod.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

This release makes me very happy!

Not just for me, but for you Sir for sticking it out and figuring out and fixing the issues.

It shows a level of commitment, dedication and intelligence I knew you possessed.

Bravo!

I can not wait to see the finished aircraft.

Great milestone. (jotting down the date.)

When did this project start?

Seems like a pretty fast sprint to beta!

From scratch!

Hawkeye

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

a couple of possible bugs

if weapon selection is set to the R-73, stick will deflect to full right, controls are not affected

Screen_170304_190717.jpg

Screen_170304_190718.jpg

body seems to be awfully reflective...not sure if this is a thing on the real aircraft though

Screen_170304_190637.jpg

but those are no matter when compared to the detail of the modelling. excellent work for a mod.

Thank you for pointing these out i will get to it ASAP ,good find.

This release makes me very happy!

Not just for me, but for you Sir for sticking it out and figuring out and fixing the issues.

It shows a level of commitment, dedication and intelligence I knew you possessed.

Bravo!

I can not wait to see the finished aircraft.

Great milestone. (jotting down the date.)

When did this project start?

Seems like a pretty fast sprint to beta!

From scratch!

Hawkeye

I had the crazy idea to have a flyable Pak Fa with out any Skill at coding or 3dx max about 3 months ago il say,Stay tune for the Updates,i am still learning and still hating rigging lol.

I had the crazy idea to have a flyable Pak Fa with out any Skill at coding or 3dx max about 3 months ago il say,Stay tune for the Updates,i am still learning and still hating rigging lol.

Exactly why not for a little fun to enjoy the game itself I think it will be a nice treat, your model will be enjoyed.

I was watching the amazing flight control surfaces of the PAK FA at the Russian 2017 Air Show.........................

Also this one....................

Just amazing performance! :thumbup:

I want to do that with your model................... joystick.gifpilotfly.gif .............:smilewink:

What I enjoy the most at Air Shows is the Thunder of those steel birds, just amazing sound of 30+ thousand pounds of thrust and shaking the skies............. just love it!

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg