[RESOLVED]Unable to start up

Veritech

It might have something to do with this. I was also going to ask what it meant.

DCS 1.5.5.60314 Update 3

Known issues:

Spitfire: Cockpit glass texture remains when moving part is opened

Spitfire: Sight brightness knob texture absent

F-5E: Engines start-up doesn't work

Hi Guys

Looks like the startup bug has knocked out the ignition system as I have noticed Afterburners dont light up either

Chilliblast, ASUS P8-Z77-V Pro, I7 3770K@3-5GHz, 16GB Corsair PC-3 12800 DDR3 @1600MHz, MSi GTX 1080 8GB, Creative SBZ, Logitech LT Z906 5.1, ASUS 24"Monitor 1080 60Hz,120GB SSD, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, Corsair CX 750W PSu, Win 10 Home Prem 64bit, TM Warthog, TM T Flight Pedals. Track IR, Occulus Rift S, Black Shark SA, DCS A-10C SA, All DCS Current Aircraft Modules, DCS 2.5 Stable and Beta.

• ED Team

Hi guys

ED are working on a fix, when we have more info and if I am allowed to share I will

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

ED are working on a fix, when we have more info and if I am allowed to share I will

:thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

How can a bug like this make it into a release version??

Are you going to ask this same question when ever a bug is discovered or even posted as a known issue ahead of the patch?

please point me to a company, that doesn't have "known issues" listed in the Release Notes of their software.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Are you going to ask this same question when ever a bug is discovered or even posted as a known issue ahead of the patch?

please point me to a company, that doesn't have "known issues" listed in the Release Notes of their software.

Well, if they knew they somehow broke a perfectly working module BEFORE releasing the patch, then why release the patch and mess up the F-5? There's an open beta for such things no?

Anyway I'd love to discuss this further, but I don't think this is the right place.

The bug is reported. Let's hope it gets fixed.

• Like 1

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

hot fix pushed to public, update again please

Jolly good! Thanks.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Well, no, but think of the first impression from a new DCS pilot: he/she may be following along the startup tutorial, but the module just doesn't work for no discernible reason.

I seriously doubt this is going to leave a particularly good impression.

This bug should just have been classified as a showstopper, there aren't any excuses if the startup sequence doesn't work. It's not like some obscure gauge giving a false reading in some uncommon circumstance, it's a key phase in the operation of the aircraft.

OS: Win11 Pro 64bit MB: ASUS B550-I STRIX CPU: AMD R7 5800X GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB RAM: 32GB DDR4 SSD (OS and Sims): Samsung 980 Pro 2TB Accessories: TrackIR5, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals

• ED Team

It happens.

the bug was found at the eleventh hour during a smoke test, rather than delay the spitfire release it was pushed to public, and a hot fix was put out within hours of the initial update.

A showstopper is generally never pushed, but this occasion was special.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

There's quite a difference between "known bug" and "known game breaking bug preventing a piece of software I paid a significant amount of money from working as intended"

But at least it got fixed real quick!

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's quite a difference between "known bug" and "known game breaking bug preventing a piece of software I paid a significant amount of money from working as intended"

But at least it got fixed real quick!

It's not a game breaking bug though is it?

It breaks the F5 sure, but DCS loads, DCS runs, every other plane works fine...

It only affects the subset of DCS players who own the F5. I'm not saying it's not important, but DCS is growing with the number of aircraft, I'd expect this to happen every now and again. Plus it's a special occasion with the Spitfire release. ED didn't want to miss the date, and it does take time to create new builds, deploy, test, and push through your CDN's when happy with it.