show me your first spitfire kill

A fly in or a big furball to celebrate could also be fun...

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Don't worry.. we ARE ready!! Bring it on.. I say!

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

enjoy ...was a tough experience ^^

Edited by Schnarre [Aggro]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

Here's mine as well as a few extra :thumbup: Plus a bonus clip just for David :pilotfly:

Excuse the poor editing and occasionally sub par gunnery.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Is it just me or the AI spitfire it's just way too maneuverable ? No matter what i try i just cannot kill AI wit' my 190. It's like he is playing some arcade game. The only way i can kill it is if i have a major altitude advantage and i kill him from my first burst or else he will just out climb out everything ... i'm not a great Dora pilot but hell i eat AI .. this one tho... :)) Hope the player one with the AFM it's more realistic

I thought the Spit could out turn all the Axis fighters because of its lite wing loading. The Germans used the zoom and boom to get the Spit. I'm probably wrong but that is what I thought I read.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

I thought the Spit could out turn all the Axis fighters because of its lite wing loading. The Germans used the zoom and boom to get the Spit. I'm probably wrong but that is what I thought I read.

Yes, you must be mad to turn fight a spitfire in a 190 :) but even with boom and zoom ..the AI it's just ... someone else should try it and see.. maybe it's just me :) i know the AI is using SFM but even so .. if it's not at least close to AFM it should be tweaked..

Edited by predattak

The Spitfire AI is insane! I haven't managed to kill it even once. The AI loves the vertical, especially at crazy low speeds. The Spitfire turns very well, and it should. But the D-9 is much faster and it should dive and zoom much better than the IX, but against the AI I can't build enough separation to turn the fight in my favor. It doesn't seem possible to zoom or dive away. The AI is always close on my tail, like glue.

This is a K-4 thread, but I would really like to know how to beat the Spitfire in a one on one fight with the D-9.

I'll be buying the Spitfire eventually though. :) It's not in my budget at the moment. :(

;2987293']enjoy ...was a tough experience ^^

I am 90% sure that was me! I was in the server as SkywagonMan (signature should explain that one) and that was one of my first online sorties with the spitty. It is a difficult airplane to fly in combat as your engine wants to overheat literally 100 percent of the time even when your engine is set correctly (wasn't past 8lbs of boost or 2700 rpm the whole time...)

Excellent flight Mr 109, hope to fly against you again in the coming days!

• Like 1

Win10 Pro | i7 7920hq | ASUS ROG Strix RTX2080 | Thrustmaster FCS (Thanks Dojo & The 476th Podcast!)

I'm a low flyer :helpsmilie:

I am 90% sure that was me! I was in the server as SkywagonMan (signature should explain that one) and that was one of my first online sorties with the spitty. It is a difficult airplane to fly in combat as your engine wants to overheat literally 100 percent of the time even when your engine is set correctly (wasn't past 8lbs of boost or 2700 rpm the whole time...)

Excellent flight Mr 109, hope to fly against you again in the coming days!

Hey :D nice to meet the man behind the stick.

then you can tell me, if your engine seizes after the hits or due to overheating ?

and if you lost some systems before your engine went out or if you were fully functional until the last hits.

as said, it was a really tough fight for me, i had no idea of how i should handle a spit.

luckily, the planes out only 2-3 days ... so there are no experienced pilots around ;)

i guess if you would have had 20-30 more hours on this plane , the outcome would have been different ;)

S!

and see u in the skies ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

;2987293']enjoy ...was a tough experience ^^

2in2HQ4DID8
Nice flying. Anyway, you realise how lucky you were there, right? That kind of T&B against a Spitfire isn't the best thing you can do :D.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

;2988428']Hey :D nice to meet the man behind the stick.

then you can tell me, if your engine seizes after the hits or due to overheating ?

and if you lost some systems before your engine went out or if you were fully functional until the last hits.

as said, it was a really tough fight for me, i had no idea of how i should handle a spit.

luckily, the planes out only 2-3 days ... so there are no experienced pilots around ;)

i guess if you would have had 20-30 more hours on this plane , the outcome would have been different ;)

S!

and see u in the skies ;)

I was already overheated at the start of the engagement and I was trying to do damage control for the majority of the fight. I was at maybe 8lbs of boost and 2650-2700 rpm the whole time (about 1/4-1/3 power). I knew that the engine would start smoking and seize up if I pushed it any further!

As soon as I learn the spit a little bit more I will challenge you to a duel!

Win10 Pro | i7 7920hq | ASUS ROG Strix RTX2080 | Thrustmaster FCS (Thanks Dojo & The 476th Podcast!)

I'm a low flyer :helpsmilie:

@MadMM, nice snap shot kill there dude.

Thx sometimes me aswell hit something, with out deplete the full ammunition with no kill :joystick:

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27