Can't assign functions to Cougar MFD or Mouse

Fishwagon

Hello all,

DCS works fine with other aircraft, but I recently purchased the A-10C and various campaigns.

I cannot assign any functions to my Cougar MFD buttons. They show up in the controls, but when I click on a cell to assign a button to a command, nothing happens. Same for Mouse.

Warthog Joystick and Throttle work fine, as does keyboard and my MFG Rudder pedals.

I'm new to DCS and have not had any issues with any of the other aircraft like SU25T, this only happens on the A10.

I tried deleting the A10C directory from DCS\Config\Input, so the game recreates, but nothing. I also tried creating the LUA files in another aircraft but just assigning 1 command to a button, and then putting them into the A10\joystick directory and still nothing

This is the same behavior on both the A10 Game and A10 Simulation profiles.

Any ideas? And Thank you...

Edited by Fishwagon

Answered my own question....they are auto configured already to match the buttons on the MFCD's, and cannot be modified. Perfect!

MFD buttons CAN be assigned non-standard callbacks, but only by manually editing the MFD.lua files. I have assigned higher priority functions to the rocker switches, for example, and reassigned the OSB's because I had to mount my MFD's rotated 180.

MFD buttons CAN be assigned non-standard callbacks, but only by manually editing the MFD.lua files. I have assigned higher priority functions to the rocker switches, for example, and reassigned the OSB's because I had to mount my MFD's rotated 180.

Yep agree it is possible. This is a version I did some time back which are rotated 180degree; https://www.dropbox.com/s/m929lozibsdhgkc/Inverted%20MFD%20mod.rar?dl=0

You do have to exchange the modded one with the original one. I use JSGME (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607) to do this.

Cheers

Hans