Control response.

MaxDamage

This seems to be a really sensitive/twitchy chopper? I have noticed that most youtubers never deflect the stick by more then ~1/10 of the scale. This is a bit ridiculous is this even playable without a joystick extension?

How is the cannon aim with the helicopter?

The control response is actually pretty weak. What's causing it's "twitchyness" is a massive amount of lag trying to respond to new inputs.

More info here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174137

As for aimming your cannon, it's surprisingly easy. Probably because the FM is super stable.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give OH-6 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

My experience matches NixNB.

The original FM seemed very sensitive to inputs, or "twitchy". The current FM feels too laggy and loose, for a small light heli, to me.

I actually kind of liked the original FM better, so I use curves of (-10) on pitch and roll to make it feel tighter.

I appreciate Polychop responding to these criticisms and I'm sure they will get everything ironed out soon.

My experience matches NixNB.

The original FM seemed very sensitive to inputs, or "twitchy". The current FM feels too laggy and loose, for a small light heli, to me.

I actually kind of liked the original FM better, so I use curves of (-10) on pitch and roll to make it feel tighter.

I appreciate Polychop responding to these criticisms and I'm sure they will get everything ironed out soon.

I too was partial to the old FM. But the best place is somewhere in between. I agree that it's a little loose right now. They'll get it dialed in pretty soon I am sure.

Meanwhile, I'll be busy happily learning the spitfire. That's the great thing about DCS. If something is broken or off, you can spend your time with other cool and fun stuff while you're waiting for it to get fixed.

Or you could just learn to fly it :thumbup:

Indeed, this is after all the last of the twichies. After this, all other choppers that came out of Europe were nothing like this blade!.... they were easy.

It is indeed our loss!

Try Harder! :smartass:

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Its true why change the flight model because its to hard? Im not trolling im just saying its a study sim i still struggle to fly the gazelle myself or even hover it, Does not mean the flight model is borked lol

Edit: The module is great btw with multi crew :)

No one has suggested changing the FM because it's "too hard"...Overall, most have actually concluded it's too stable, among other issues.

I can fly it really well myself, but am hoping to see some changes to the FM soon .

Hopefully we will have some kind of "roadmap" info this week, so we can adjust our expectations.

Too stable during level flight is I think correct, especially without SAS. I think but am unsure.

Polychops gave us a great point blank toe to toe combat helicopter on release! personally 2.0 is still the best.

They gave us multicrew to lessen the work load during the point blank toe to toe combat and it is needed!

They gave us a great low level combat chopper that is agile, usable and it is repeatable in use.... top notch.

For me the fundamentals of Digital Combat Simulation were achieved at release and the absolute perfection of the flight module is yet to be finalised in this Beta release.

So far polychops achievements in DCS, a completely new Sim world to them, have been bloody superb and I am sure they will continue to be so..... I can smell it, their product so far stinks of success!

If you cannot smell it too, its because you ain't using it right and you ain't using it in the right environment!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.