populating the Crimea...

fitness88

Is it possible to take the Crimean runways from an earlier version and re-populate the Crimea with them now in DCS 1.5?

I would like to have some other places to go to.

Does anyone know which folder the files for the runways are stored?

Thank you.

Edited by fitness88

Is it possible to take the Crimean runways from an earlier version and re-populate the Crimea with them now in DCS 1.5?

Thank you.

Could be wrong, :music_whistling: but I think there were removed..also those air base were hard coded..

And yes would be nice...to have them for other campaign mission..can't wait for WWII

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

So how was this done?

It's the map from some version of the Lockon Flaming Cliffs Series.

While it won't help you with where files are located, there are other images in this thread: Lock-On Flaming Cliffs Maps

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I heard something about Crimea not being included in DCS initially due to memory limitations, but now memory in computers these days is not an issue so Crimea could be integrated again. But if ED is interested in doing so is another question...

Edited by Iberian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mine has become a wildlife sanctuary and nuclear test and training facility.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Thank you.

The Entire Crimea is just Textured Terrain, No Objects (Buildings Airbases Etc)

The Airbase Files are likely not going to work, as they'd need to be re-exported from source max file to even be rendered in the current DCS.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs