What squadron of Tiger was in Top Gun movie ?

SandMartin

Guys, I try to find any info about F-5 from Top Gun movie, but cant.

What squadron was filmed in movie ? And what squadron of tigers was in miramar in top gun school mid-80' ?

I know what some black tigers is in VFC-13 (like in my signature) and VFA-127, but in 1985 wasnt VFC13 and 127 yet.

I saw some VF-126 tigers, but cant find VF-126 black tigers photos.

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

The F-5E's and F-5F's for the film were assigned to the NFWS.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

The F-5E's and F-5F's for the film were assigned to the NFWS.

What difference betweet nfws and vf-126 bandits?

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

What difference betweet nfws and vf-126 bandits?

The Navy Fighter Weapons School was a separate entity to VF-126 that operated their own aircraft even though they were both based at NAS Miramar. The setup is similar to how NSAWC is separate to VFC-13 at NAS Fallon. VF-126 and VFC-13 are stand alone Adversary squadrons.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

The Navy Fighter Weapons School was a separate entity to VF-126 that operated their own aircraft even though they were both based at NAS Miramar. The setup is similar to how NSAWC is separate to VFC-13 at NAS Fallon. VF-126 and VFC-13 are stand alone Adversary squadrons.

Thanx for answer. But I mean, in what situations NAVY used VFC-13 and in what situations used NSAWC (Top Gun).

When NAVY pilots flying against VFC-13 and when against NSAWC ? I was surprised, to know what VFC-13 and top gun squadron are different men.

Thanx for answer. But I mean, in what situations NAVY used VFC-13 and in what situations used NSAWC (Top Gun).

When NAVY pilots flying against VFC-13 and when against NSAWC ? I was surprised, to know what VFC-13 and top gun squadron are different men.

Well, from what I have seen, both entities will support air wing workups for deployment in Fallon and I have seen both with detachments out to other bases to support fleet workups at sea. I'm not sure if VFC-13 does any work reciprocally for the NSAWC with their schoolhouse lesson plans. Theoretically they could but I can't say if they do or not as that is beyond my current scope of knowledge.