This is truly bizare behavior

Zimmerdylan

Since the last update the P-51 has truly gone in a very interesting direction. We are already aware of the "ALT" button bug. But also, I cannot get it to start in many servers. But this track is truly bizarre. It was done in SP. Not sure what to make of it. All I do know is that I have been trying to fly the P-51 for the past hour and have yet to get it started.

It's as though I am in a different time space continuum than the plane itself. Kind of Twilight Zoney.........

p51 time.trk

In the replay i just watched the engine started? There are a few things I did notice, that I do differently. Usually, I hold down the primer for 4 seconds... ish, also you would want to open the throttle a crack. Try using the auto-start feature I think its win key - home, this should allow you to see whats going on... If there is still an issue maybe repair DCS, I'm sure there's a thread on that, but basically from windows you want to hit win key - r, type in cmd and hit enter. At this point you are in the command prompt. type cd and the path to you dcs install including /bin. type in DCS_updater.exe repair, and this will prompt the exe to check your files against those on ED's server and correct any errors. cheers.

In the replay i just watched the engine started? There are a few things I did notice, that I do differently. Usually, I hold down the primer for 4 seconds... ish, also you would want to open the throttle a crack. Try using the auto-start feature I think its win key - home, this should allow you to see whats going on... If there is still an issue maybe repair DCS, I'm sure there's a thread on that, but basically from windows you want to hit win key - r, type in cmd and hit enter. At this point you are in the command prompt. type cd and the path to you dcs install including /bin. type in DCS_updater.exe repair, and this will prompt the exe to check your files against those on ED's server and correct any errors. cheers.

I don't think that the track played correctly for you. The plane started in the track. That was not the issue.

I have been using DCS for years now and the Mustang since it's release. Startup was not the issue in this track. The actual behavior of the sim itself. So it must have (as per usual) messed up the actual track.

I wish they knew how to fix the playback.