INS precision bombing and auto release

droopy114

Hi all, surprisingly I don't see a bug report about this, so apologize if the problem is me :doh:

When you set a waypoint as initial point for bombing run, for bombs that are released in CCRP mod normally, you are supposed to press and hold the weapon release button when you fly over the IP, navigate to your offset waypoint, and when the release cue meet the target cue, bombs are automatically released. The problem is that the bombs (MK-82 in my case) are released as soon as I press the weapon trigger, no matter the distance to my offset point. I report here because before last update, it was working great...so i miss something new or bug?

I had the same with Mk82 and I switched to GBU because CCRP is useless anyway for now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

CCRP works fine, you just have to designate close enough.

You allways have to consider that the radar beam has a diameter as well, which obviously gets bigger with range. And afaik CCRP locks the radar antenna to one point.

For the CCIP pipper jumping that would be perfectly accurate tbh its not enough. Radar ranging is not as perfect as seen in game.

There is hud footage of a 2000 dropping bap100s ccip pipper jumping left and right like mad while flying over airfield/runway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

CCRP works fine, you just have to designate close enough.

You allways have to consider that the radar beam has a diameter as well, which obviously gets bigger with range. And afaik CCRP locks the radar antenna to one point.

For the CCIP pipper jumping that would be perfectly accurate tbh its not enough. Radar ranging is not as perfect as seen in game.

There is hud footage of a 2000 dropping bap100s ccip pipper jumping left and right like mad while flying over airfield/runway.

Please would you have a link to this video ?

For CCRP it doesn't work that way IRL.

The antenna is slaved to the diamond position in the HUD.

When the pilot hit the "designate button" on the throttle, it performs ranging and store the position in memory, then the INS system provides roll and pull up cues.

The antenna isn't slaved on target position.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Please would you have a link to this video ?

For CCRP it doesn't work that way IRL.

The antenna is slaved to the diamond position in the HUD.

When the pilot hit the "designate button" on the throttle, it performs ranging and store the position in memory, then the INS system provides roll and pull up cues.

The antenna isn't slaved on target position.

Ah roggah makes even more sense, if the radar beam is 150 in diameter without considering the angle, the ranging is less accurate then if you are closer and the radar beam covers a smaller area. Imho CCRP works really well, or lets say as well as I would expect it except loft.

I tried to find the video again unfortunately i didnt [yet].

It was called minisonde or something about the mirage 2000 in general and the CCIP pipper was deflecting a lot to the left and right. Will continue my search. Was on youtube.

was one of the i dunno 5-10 minute short snippets from before 2000 I would say.

They also mentioned in that video that it had "snap up capability" which supposedly is a thing just for the superpowers, was in english language. Struggeling to find that.

AHH YIS FOUND IT. Chrome history to the rescue:

perfectly flat, still jumping around. CCIP for guns rockets and belougas is still off, but CCRP and CCIP for mk82s works really well imho.

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't understand. And why if the range is to big the bombs are released carelessly when the pilot presses the trigger? You can squeeze the trigger when the cue first appears on the HUD or immediately before it passes the FPM... it will drop the bombs anyway when the trigger switch is pressed. Shouldn't it just abort the launch if that is the case?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I don't understand. And why if the range is to big the bombs are released carelessly when the pilot presses the trigger? You can squeeze the trigger when the cue first appears on the HUD or immediately before it passes the FPM... it will drop the bombs anyway when the trigger switch is pressed. Shouldn't it just abort the launch if that is the case?

Thats a bug got reported twice already.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats a bug got reported twice already.

I thought it was one of the 2 subjects of this thread, release and precision. So I understand that the precision might be affected by the radar antenna behavior as described above?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Is the INS update still bugged? I know ccrp pi is.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5